Storage questions; Solar panel and level

Hi,

New owner here...couple of questions  in regards to storage of a 2021 TAB 320 when not in use;

1. I believe my dealer suggested to cover the solar panel when not in use..at least with just a blue tarp.  But I can't remember why.  Just curious as to why.

2.  The place next to my house for storage results in the TAB leaning toward the entrance door (even if it was on the asphalt).  I'm not sure you can really tell from the picture, but I'm guessing it would have to be wedged about about 4-5 inches to make it level.  Is it  necessary to have it level during storage?  No systems are run.

Thank you
2021 TAB 320 BD
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Southern Maryland

Comments

• Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    edited August 2021
    I see no reason to cover the solar panel other than protection from hail and a blue tarp will be of no help.

2021 320's have a 2 way refrigerator, so being level is not as much of a concern. The traditional RV refrigerator that has been used forever (absorption type with ammonia and other stuff for coolant)  are very sensitive to being level while operating and can be permanently damaged while operated even slightly off level as the ammonia boils away and the powder dries inside the tubes and crystalizes. Some people get by with this for years and others have a failure shortly afterwards, go figure. 

Brad

P.S. our 2020 400 BDL sits in the back yard uncovered year round
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,497
    I don't think that it has to be level but it will be more comfortable if you want to go into the trailer to fix things, pack, or use it as a man cave.

What's that to the left of the T@B. Can't quite make it out.

San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Yoshi_TABYoshi_TAB Member Posts: 365
    Marceline said:

What's that to the left of the T@B. Can't quite make it out.

It's a Buccaneer 18 sailboat (mast down w/cover on)

2021 TAB 320 BD
    2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Southern Maryland
  • andyboyandyboy Member Posts: 120
    edited August 2021
    For leveling, we use this BAL Leveler on our 2021 320S Boondock. Seems like the best solution for us. Easy to use, not much patience needed—-critical for me.

2021 320 S Boondock
    Subaru Outback XT and Honda Passport
    Des Moines, IOWA!