Options

Tents for T@B Trailers

Looking for options for a 2006 T@b.   So far I have seen the original Thermarest Archroom, the pahaque and isabella.  Thermarest only made a limited number for dutchman years ago. I don't like the look of pahaque.  The Isabella is very expensive and not directly sold in the U.S. I have not had any luck on forums, craigslist, or ebay.  Any Ideas?

We have found that two Labrador Retrievers, a two year old and two adults just don't fit in our T@B.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    edited April 2014
    We have the Thermarest, but was in several of the Paha Que versions last spring and liked them.  I saw a photo of a person using the tents made to attach to the back of an SUV.  You're probably familiar with those.  They were using it with their T@B.  I saw straps to anchor it, though, and I'm against straps on my trailer.  Just another option, I suppose.  Also there is an earlier version of the Paha Que room that is based off of an EZ-up canopy type of frame.  They only made them in blue.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    DABWCADABWCA Member Posts: 70
    My T@B-L is on order and probably won't arrive until early August, but I am thinking that a screen room would be a great addition for the multi-day stays my wife and I are planning for state and national parks.  The Paha Que tent looks like a nice design; though no-longer-made Thermarest ArchRoom looks even better to me.  They will both fit the keder rail of all T@Bs, but I'm wondering about the skirt sections that both the Paha Que and Thermarest tents use to cover the T@B's wheel wells and underside.  The skirts come right up to the door threshold.  That works for older T@Bs that don't have a pull out step.  However, LG T@Bs have a step that pulls out from the underside of the door and sits maybe 6" below the threshold.  I'm wondering whether anyone knows whether or not the entry step can be pulled out with the Paha Que or Thermarest screen room installed?  Can the skirts be pulled down below the step without damaging the tent or will I need to leave the step under the T@B and use a portable step?
    David -- Saint Paul, MN
    2015 T@B-L "Silver Dr@ggin" towed by 2015 Kia Sorento V6 "Don Poulan"
  • Options
    PaulaKPaulaK Member Posts: 54
    edited May 2014
    David, As you know we are new to this stuff so cannot render a seasoned opinion. However, we decided that a good sturdy adjustable stool might prevent a future slip on the slightly small and wobbly slide-out step on the LG T@B. Or maybe it was my first impression on the ice-covered T@B that we encountered on our first visit to Elk River RV. It was one of the coldest days of a very cold Minnesota winter. Anyway here is a link to the stool that we purchased on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004P1YYLQ/ref=oh_details_o00_s02_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. A little pricey but we like it.

Paula & Larry | 2015 T@B S M@XX "Serenity"| 2014 Subaru Outback | Maple Grove, MN
  • Options
    wanderingchickof66wanderingchickof66 Member Posts: 18
    I'm hoping my T@B CS-S will arrive at my dealer any time now. I'm looking for a tent I can set up by myself (widow with an old geezer National Park Pass, LOL).  I found an Oztent that goes up in 30 seconds --the video looks believable-- and I'm thinking I could put it at the cabin door or over the galley.  Anyone know about the Oztent? It's at www.oztent.us. Thanks. 
    Pam - Blandon, PA
    2015 T@B CS-S (Miss Daisy) towed by a 2014 GMC Acadia
  • Options
    IrishCamper74IrishCamper74 Member Posts: 237
    Also looking for a tent, more specifically something with mesh that will keep the mosquitoes at bay. These look very durable & sturdy but not sure about the $800 price tag.
    Light a campfire and everyone's a storyteller. ~John Geddes

2017 t@b CS, silver with green trim.
    TV: 2017 Honda Ridgeline.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Looking for options for a 2006 T@b.   So far I have seen the original Thermarest Archroom, the pahaque and isabella.  Thermarest only made a limited number for dutchman years ago. I don't like the look of pahaque.  The Isabella is very expensive and not directly sold in the U.S. I have not had any luck on forums, craigslist, or ebay.  Any Ideas?

We have found that two Labrador Retrievers, a two year old and two adults just don't fit in our T@B.

Thanks.
    @thruhiker02I believe the Isabella is made by Walker and now sold through the Teardrop Shop. http://teardropshop.com/products/walker-awning-for-t-b?variant=11504878661

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    mash2mash2 Member Posts: 581
    The thermarest made two different things, an arch and an add a room.  The arch was an oversized arch (I have one).  The add-a-room is really nice, but hard to find (I've been looking for one for a year and a half with no success).  If you can find one, they are a great tent.  
  • Options
    VagabondsVagabonds Member Posts: 35
    Before ordering our Pahaque Tab side tent I called them and asked questions.
    The person I spoke with said they were working on "wings" that would go on the open CS hatch to help with keeping wind away from the stove.
    Has anyone else heard of this?  Or any progress?  
    Pam (and the husband..+2 golden retrievers)--2016 T@b M@x CS-S Sofitel (towed by a 2015 Jeep WrglrUnlim Rubicon)
  • Options
    vitovito Member Posts: 181
    I have a 2016 S Maxx so I only have one season experience. We bought the pahaque tent that attaches to the T@b and think it is a lifesaver. The interior space of the T@b is, of course, very limited. With the attached tent (which was easier to set up and take down then I expected) we felt we had a reasonably roomy camping set-up. The only negative is that the tent is not specifically designed to allow you to keep the step in the down position. We just use a sturdy plastic step stool from Lowes, about $12 if I recall, so that getting in and out of the T@b itself was no problem. We set up a small folding table in the tent, so we could leave the T@b in the open bed position. We also use a small dog crate in the tent for our small dog. While expensive, the Pahaque tent is a great addition to the T@b. 
    2016 T@b S Maxx
    2011 Subaru Outback
    Rockford, Illinois