Dutchman 5 Gallon Water Storage Container

jjenkins130910jjenkins130910 Member Posts: 3
Hello, I need to replace the 5 gallon water storage container for my 2005 tab, I have googled for hours and can not seem to find a similar product that allows the sink faucet water pump to draw water from the container. Can anyone offer any suggestions as the where to find such a product?

Comments

• Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Post up some photos.  We have many innovative members onboard and there has to be an alternative and solution to your problem.  Maybe the pump needs to be replaced?  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • SantoSanto Member Posts: 13
    I just purchased a 2006 tab, clamshell. I am confused about the potable water tank vs the reservoir. My previous trailer, a little guy, only had a reservoir. What is the connection between the potable water tank under the sink and the reservoir? Where do I put the antifreeze to winterize it? Thank you! Signed newbie
    By the way, it is a dutchmen tab
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    If I am not mistaken, the DM TaB only had the 5 gallon water container mentioned above.  Do you have 2 different tanks?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
    There's a place on the outside to hook up a hose, maybe that goes directly to the potable water tank. I just assumed there was a reservoir. I am waiting to hook up a hose to see where the water goes. 
    Still I don't know where to put the antifreeze to send it through
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Here is a quote from the other thread that you posted to:

“Water system is manual fill of 5 gallon container, or hook up at site if external fittings installed. You may also have a 12V water pump for delivery from container.”

Sounds like you can hook up to city water or use the 5 gallon container.  When you say reservoir do you mean a fresh water tank?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    As I recall, the gray water system on the Dutchman T@B’s is a screw on fixture for a garden hose under the front of the T@B and you need to provide your own gray water reservoir. 

Some use an oil change tub that can be closed, and there are 6 gallon gray water reservoirs that you can add a hose attachment to.  @BrianZ just had a writeup about a new 6 gallon gray water reservoir he has been using. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    edited July 2023
    UPDATE:
    Sorry, but this tank is no longer available.

If you need a gray water tank for attaching a garden hose, I have one of these 6 Gallon tanks that I'd give away for the cost of shipping.. (including a new & more secure bayonet cap with 4 latching hooks to replace the original shown here with only 2)..

I will be using a different model with wheels, so don't need this one anymore.
    Here's the source link..
    Tote-N-Stor 25951 Portable Waste Transport - 6 Gallon Capacity https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0085KGOF2
    And the new replacement cap I'm including..
    Camco Durable Sewer Cap with Hose Connection- Caps the Sewer Connection to Prevent Leaks, Easy Install and Simple Use (39463) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BQKBP2
    Send me a private message if interested.
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • EfortuniEfortuni Member Posts: 7
    Hello! Chiming in years later. I have a 2005 tab. So this gray tank can hook a hose to it? It is currently unvail so if you still have it I would def purchase! We have used buckets and such but would be better to have something like this .. thanks! Photo from our last trip