Options

Air 8 question

CanadianTabberCanadianTabber Member Posts: 131
Hi folks,
I am a bit confused about the operation of the Air8 in AC mode.
In fully automatic AC mode the compressor kicks off and on according to the thermostat setting like most AC units
But when you select AC mode with fan speed, does it also cycle or does it just get to temperature and shut down...never to come on again?
Or perhaps, I have not waited long enough to see it kick on again :)

I realize in this mode, the compressor and fan shut off right away when temperature is reached.
The manual is unclear.

Thanks!
2021 Tab 320s Boondock-2016 Toyota Venza V6
Toronto, Canada

Comments

• Options
    Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    If you haven't relocated the ambient sensor or performed the reprogramming of the Air8 there is a better than average chance you will not be happy with how it works.

Brad
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    Where is the sensor located?...I have seen the youtube video on reprogramming the control though.

Toronto, Canada
  • Options
    Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    I am not sure in a 2021, in 2020 the sensor was located inside the air intake plenum for the A/C unit. So think of an A/C unit installed inside a Styrofoam cooler, if the fan wasn't running to move the air over the sensor it was basically insulated from the actual ambient temperature. This is why there was a kit to relocate and they also came up with the reprogramming to keep the fan running all the time. 

I thought someone posted a picture on another thread and the sensor was located near one of the speakers in the cabinet area near the head of the bed. 

Brad
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    Thanks Brad for the information, it was very helpful....Elwell is sending me a sensor and NuCamp sent me the procedures (attached)..thanks again!

Brent
    Toronto, Canada