Options

Hot water heating on propane. (Repost) again

MikerMiker Member Posts: 4
This is an update on the trouble I am having with the Alde system. The same situation is present. I have changed out the circuit board and ignitor, this did not remedy the problem. Unfortunately there is not a Nucamp dealer in the area to service it. The one in San Diego only does sales, Phoenix Az. is the closest one. And model mechanics are not to familiar with Alde systems. I am looking for other suggestions on how to fix this problem.  
I was able to make the hot water heat work on propane one time. I returned to try it again a few days later. I came up with the same problem. Fan blowing but not heating while on propane. The only thing I changed was to have the refrigerator running on propane at the  same time (refrig. worked correctly). The propane warning light came on. Once again I looking for some suggestions. Thanks in advance.

I have a question about the Alde 3010 system in my 2017 tab 320 Outback. I have searched the forum without luck. Being a newbie I'm sure doesn't help. I am able to get water heated when plugged into shore power or battery power. I am now trying to get hot water using propane. On the display the LP is on and the water display is on 2/full bar. After waiting several hours I have no hot water, the faucet has cold water. The Alde system under the bench seat sounds as if it is working and the outside vent has cool (not warm at all) air coming from it. The Alde system is continuality running when power is on. Is there anyone who can help remedy the problem?

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Set your pump to run with the thermostat, as opposed to to continually. 

Also, on the second screen set the preference to be the flame, which is propane, in addition to the flame on the first screen. 

See if those two things help. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,509
    edited August 2021
    @Miker, since you are not on shorepower, make sure the battery switch is turned on as the Alde needs power of some kind to operate.  Turn the Alde thermostat down below ambient and as Verna said make sure the Alde is set to Therm.

Did you fill the Alde water tank?  Is your propane tank full and open? Can you light your stove!

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,448
    When the Alde is running on propane, you should hear a quiet but noticeable rumble from the exhaust, and the exhausted air should be warm.

What you describe sounds like the exhaust fan is running but the burner is not igniting. That seems odd, since I think that propane ignition failure should shut everything down after a couple attempts to light. At least, that has been my casual observation.

Try the suggestions above and report back.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I was able to get it to work on propane. I turned off the electricity and propane for awhile. I turned on electric and turned on the propane slowly. It worked like it should. 
    I am now going out to check on the display like Sharon suggested. I wish I could point to the exact remedy but I can’t.
    thank you for your help.
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,448
    I had a similar situation a few years back, and employed exactly the same remedy. All I could guess is that there may have been some air in the propane lines that took time to dissipate. Either way, glad you got it working.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Hello Verna. I do not see a flame on the second screen. Would you mind give me more info where to find it.
  • Options
    Sharon, yes I am able to light the stove and the refrigerator is working on propane
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Miker, I see you have a 3010 Alde and it’s possible this 2nd screen is only with the 3020 Alde. I’ve had the 3020 in two T@B’s over 3 years, so it’s hard to remember the upgrades to the screens. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,509
    @Miker, the 3010 does not allow selection of LPG as a preference.  Only the first screen has the settings for power source.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio