Options

Refrigerator propane refuses to light

My T@B is a 2018 320 S with a 3 way refrigerator. While at home or a campsite I run the fridge on Electrical. While traveling from Point to Point I use the propane option. Sometimes it lights right up, but not very often. Other times I have to fight with it for a very long time and sometimes just give up. Typically  I'll light the stove to flush the lines and verify that I indeed have propane. To no avail. I have also tried running on battery. But that just sucks the battery dry and starts pulling juice from the TV battery. I've read and reread the manual and accordingly I'm using all the correct settings and holding in the "primer" button while I contort my hands to repeatedly hit the spark button. Do y'all have any suggestions?

Secondly, how do you adjust the temp setting in the battery mode?
Gerri (Gary) Ewing
Montgomery TX (Birthplace of the Texas Flag)
2018 320 S - "No Agenda Hacienda"
Tow Vehicle 2023 Honda Pilot AWD

Comments

• Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    edited August 2021
    @BogieMeister, you did not indicate which make/model refrigerator you have.  If it is the Norcold N180.3X, take a look at the document I posted for that model (link below.)  See p. 3 for the lighting procedure and see if the step(s) there are different than what you have already tried.  One thing to make sure of when first lighting the refrigerator is to set the gas control knob at the "Hi" position (at about the 1 o'clock position.)    If you have a different model refrigerator, look at the other available information in the below link.

You cannot adjust the temperature in battery mode.  The battery will only maintain the temperature, but it doesn't always do a great job of that.

SIDE NOTE:  It is a hot button topic, so opinions vary, but due to safety concerns I do not run the refrigerator on propane while towing.  Definitely not when stopped to get fuel, because you will have an open flame.  I either leave the refrigerator off and avoid opening the refrigerator door to keep things as cold as possible, or I will run it via the 12V battery (but that doesn't really seem to make much difference in my experience.)

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/6390/norcold-refrigerator-manual-guidelines-tips#latest
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)