Options

Boondock Marmoleum Floor soft spots

NursejoeNursejoe Member Posts: 32
edited August 2021 in Modifications & Upgrades
I have a 2019 320 Boondock. Has anyone lifted or no how to lift/remove the Marmoleum floor. Any info would be helpful.

Comments

• Options
    Sorry never mind...I see that it covers the entire floor even under the cabinets. I have what feels like some soft spots in the seating area flooring as well as a slight ridge that runs side to side in the middle of the same area.  Concerning?????
  • Options
    ArizonayetiArizonayeti Member Posts: 26
    @Nursejoe I have a 2019 400 that has a couple of small "soft spots" under the flooring. One area about the size of a pencil eraser collapsed and tore open and I filled it with shoegoo.  I believe it was in an area where the subfloor (wood I presume) had a small gap in it.  FWIW, I wouldn't recommend the shoegoo, it eventually collected dirt and now is a black spot on the floor. 
    2020 T@B 400 BL w/solar.  TV 2018 4Runner w/ Fox 2" lift. 
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,202
    I had some issues with our 2021. I did this a couple of weeks ago. So far so good: 

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/172464#Comment_172464
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses. I have a Marmoleum floor in my Boondock, so it is not the same issue as with a vinyl floor. My understanding is that this type of floor is not glued throughout only around the edges. So I don't think this is an issue with the Marmoleum lifting but something else. Additionally, if it was just lifting, that wouldn't explain the ridge side to side across the area.
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,202
    I think the marmoleum is glued throughout but I could be wrong. I thought I saw a photo of it pulled back and it had glue remnants underneath. It's too bad that marmoleum floor was nixed. I liked the look of it. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    Yes, I agree manyman, the Marmoleum marine floor covering is one of the best floor coverings nüCamp has used.  Our 2018 floor was redone under warranty and nüCamp replaced it with a new Marmoleum floor covering, which is glued down, to answer @Nursejoe question.  

Joe, here is a link on the floor replacement procedure on the 2018 TaB400, which had a similar floor issue.  You should contact nüCamp’s Warranty dept, and see what they have to offer as a solution.
    https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/151161#Comment_151161
    cheers

2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Thanks again everyone. I sent an email to the warranty dept...they wanted me to take a picture of the soft spots ( yes seriously they wanted pictures) I mailed back and said it's probably not really doable to that a picture of a soft floor. They responded back with the comment that I was "welcome " to take it to my dealer.  Geeee I sure hope I am "welcome" to take it to a dealer...thanks for letting me know that's ok to do! Really... I am welcome... What kind of goofball responses are those. Very disappointed with Nucamp right now. Mr. Hubble, are you out there some where??????? 
  • Options
    Yes, I had to take a few photos also.  You can get a photo of the ridge going side to side, as it is above the rest of the floor level.  Put a strong light coming in low behind the ridge, get down low and shoot a photo across the top of the floor, like a 3/4 view, and the ridge should show up.  A dealer can also verify the situation for nüCamp also.
    cheers
  • Options
    Thanks Denny16. Yes, I understand your thinking and I am aware that might be possible???(My ridge is slight). But that's not my point. The responses from the warranty dept seem more like dismissive "stock" responses rather than actually reading about my issue. Anyway, doesn't really matter. I got out of Vietnam unscathed, so all is well. Perspective is everything :-) I have an appointment with a dealer on Oct19. WOW 6-7 weeks away. The RV industry is crazy these days!!!!!!!
    Travel safe and well...
  • Options
    No, the standard procedure for the floor soft spot issue was to take photos or go to the dealer to confirm the issue.  Glad you made it back from Viet Nam ok, welcome home.
    cheers
  • Options