Options

Linoleum floor repair?

Hello all!  I have a 2017 Tab 320s with the oak plank look linoleum flooring. During camping this weekend I noticed that in the very corner directly underneath the fire extinguisher at the door the very corner is lifting.  Have never had any water intrusion & the flooring under the bench seat right by the door looks fine.  I'm pretty positive that the cabinets & benches are installed on top of the flooring which should be all one piece.  It looks like maybe @ 3" cut in the flooring right up against that bench.  I have not noticed this before & clean the floor after every trip so this is something new.  What would you use to fix this?  Flooring glue or ?.
2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
Woohoo!

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Depending on how noticeable the defect or tear is, there are a lot of good adhesives and glues out there.  I would take a few photos of the area, get a few close up shots and talk to someone either at a place that sells similar products, Home Depot, Lowe’s, etc.  Cosmetically if it’s not lifted or extremely damaged I would think you could repair it and conceal it.  You can always take it out and lay something different too.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,510
    @lkc001 - It sounds like pressure from the edge of the bench cut into the vinyl.  That should be an easy fix.  I think I would email help@nucamprv.com and ask what adhesive they used on the 2017 flooring.  Otherwise, check out the vinyl flooring aisle at Home Depot.  The adhesive needs to be specific to vinyl.  The other thing to consider since it is out of the way, is to place a short piece of edging to discourage it from lifting up again.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,199
    I did a little write up of our issue that might be able to help you: 

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/172467#Comment_172467

2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    Thank you everyone for ideas & for the adhesive suggestion.  I'm quite sure I would NOT get any kind of informed answer from any of the staff at my local Home Depot unfortunately.  I know more than any of them know on most things-- which is sad 😢. Just sayin-- it's not like it used to be.  I miss all the old guys that used to work there-- that's a compliment not a dis.    They knew stuff!
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    @Sharon_is_SAM. Do you know what the subfloor is made of?  -- would need to nail down a piece of edging. 
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    My understanding is the 2017 floors were Vinyl, Azdel, aluminum framing and foam block, then more Azdel.  I think it would be better to glue some thin edging on the side of the wood bench.
  • Options
    @Sharon_is_SAM I just heard back from Nucamp --you are correct, they verified the  subfloor is Azdel, so nailing a piece of floor molding would not work.  They also suggest vinyl flooring adhesive, although did not offer a particular brand name.  They also suggested maybe gluing a piece of molding on top of that.  Very vague answer on the repair so I guess I'm on my own.  I will try the Henry's vinyl flooring adhesive as suggested above.  
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    I think after securing with the adhesive, the molding/edging is a good idea.