Options

2015 little guy tab s max

Any issues to be aware of if i am considering purchasing one?

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,427
    edited September 2021
    Yes, the 2015s are awesome--be prepared for uncontrollable happiness.  ;-)

Seriously, there were several features introduced after 2015. Some of which--like tank monitors--I consider unnecessary gee-gaw (YMMV). One important thing that didn't come stock on 2015s is a battery cut-off switch. How to go about adding one was a sometimes contentious topic here on the forum in those earlier days. If the previous owner didn't add one, you will want to consider doing so, or at least be prepared to disconnect your battery some other way when not in use.

You may also need to add insect brush (a.k.a., bug fuzz) to windows, and possibly foam strips under the front window frame. There are some pretty big gaps and I had a heck of a time keeping the local fauna out of the cabin until I added these myself.

There were frame crack issues on some 2015s. They were minor and probably not of structural concern. Do a search and you should find a lengthy thread with plenty of pictures that will show you what to check for and help you decide if it's a deal breaker.

Of course, this is a seven year old trailer and much will depend on how much it was used and how well it was maintained. If the the trailer got heavy use and the previous owner ignored things like the wheel bearings and the Alde boiler there could be looming issues, but that consideration is not unique to 2015 models.

My 2015 has served me well, and I see no reason why it won't continue to do so for many years!
    2015 T@B S