Heater Not Found Error

Anyone have experience with this? We are boondocking in the ADKs and alde is throwing this error. I have tried 
-resetting the panel
-turning off the battery and the panel 
-pulling the fuse and control cables from inside the Alde compartment-
-flipping the breaker 
And some combo of all of these at the same time. Our Alde also sounds like it is constantly exhausting and running even when it’s not “running” 
2018 T@B 400
2020 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab

Comments

• pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,604
    So....is it heating?  You can hear the exhaust fan running and system starting up?
    I know people in this group have taken the touchscreen panel off the wall.  There is a small connector in the back that might need to be properly inserted.  The Alde is pretty touchy about having all the little electrical connections to be "just right", it may be as simple as fixing that cable.  Once you get the little fascial off, there are just a couple of screws holding the panel on the wall.
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
    @Jax0913 ;  Have you seen the reply post on your FBook Question for this problem,
    Post is from Adle Web-Site FAQ Section:
    So your PCB may have failed.
    If this were my T@B I would do a full inspection and "hard restart"

Full inspection:
        -A-     With 12VDC off (no shore power, no battery)
        -A1-   Unplug and reconnect all the connectors on the Adle Main Unit PCB.
        -A2-   Unplug and reconnect all connectors on Adle Control Panel backside
        -A3-   Confirm Adle main PCB fuse is OK

Hard Restart:
        -B-     Assuming you did -A- above and all power has been off for at least 5-minutes
        -B1-   Turn battery back on
        -B2-    Now try turning on the Adle Control panel

If you still get the error message, then time to find an Alde Service Center to get the PCB tested/replaced.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • warbler_roadwarbler_road Member Posts: 83
    I too am having an Alde issue (Gas Failure msg) that I suspect is with the PCB (unless spark electrodes and/or flame detectors go bad in less than two years).

Alde has informed me that a new board is $280, except they need to come from Sweden and they don't know when that will be, and have a nice day. 
    • Virginia
    • 2020 T@B 400
    • 2018 Tacoma SR V6 3.5L
  • COHiker06COHiker06 Member Posts: 25
    edited December 2021
    Furnace upper circuit board. I have a 2018 400.
    Same error message and furnace exhaust fan running as soon as power was applied to the camper with the heater control panel turned off!  Just replaced mine today, took an hour to make it happen. I ordered the board through Truma/Alde U.S (service@alde.us) since the local dealer only works units they sold (bought mine used). I used a network cable tester to test the cable from the back of the control panel to the heater, checked fine (wires 3-6, 4-5 on the tester $30 at Lowes, Southwire M550 tester). Unplugged the power at the circuit board and fan stopped. Contacted Truma via email and was given part# 3020140 Alde 3020 Boiler circuit board. Ordered over the phone 1-855-558-7862 x2001, $238 +$20 shipping, had it in my hands just a few days later. It is an easy process, three screws to get the upper cover shell off, plenty of photos to make sure you get the connectors back in the right spot, and three squeeze tabs to remove the board. Unplugged the camper, tripped the 30A circuit breaker by the battery to make sure power was off and started taking it apart. *** the lower four connectors are easier to remove if you slide the board up 1/2 way and then remove the leads. The black wire Flame Sensor was tight but a little patience and the tip of needle nose pliers pushing it up, it came off. The large grey "box" looking connector on the bottom right, just ease the black wires out, they are two separate wire with small slide connectors. Look at the old and new board to make sure the jumper up top is in place, check the fuse to make sure it's good, put it all together and check it out. Ran it through with power, turned off power, went to battery and gas, all checked good. Pulled the upper three connectors and put the service panel back on, reconnected the three plugs and power checked it again. Good to go. Instructions in the parts box also
    2018 T@B400
    2019 Jeep GC 5.7L
    and two furry bed hogs
    Colorado
  • pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,604
    @COHiker06 Thanks for the info.  I remember this from the NuCamp group on FB, and there was simply no info on the issue you were having.  Glad you got it fixed!

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Jax0913Jax0913 Member Posts: 64
    Thanks @COHiker06! Sorry I am late to the reply party, but I thought I had it figured out with Alde support and our heater was working fine last few trips. Out in the ADK again and same issue. Tried the same troubleshooting with no luck. I will definitely get that part and follow your steps. At this point it has been too unreliable. Cheers! 
    2018 T@B 400
    2020 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    edited July 2022
    … “since the local (nüCamp) dealer only works units they sold….”  COHiker06.  This is not good support, a nüCamp dealer should be required to provide service and support for any TaB product they carry, whether or  not they sold it originally or not.  At one time, this is what being a dealer was about.  Manufacturers setup dealerships to provide a network of support for their product.  I have heard this issue more than once, and nüCamp should step in and correct this situation, as
    bad or non existent dealer support is not making for happy campersB)
    Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.