Options

A/C Fan

This discussion was created from comments split from: Great dealer experiences.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
Sterling, VA

Comments

• Options
    LARKLARK Member Posts: 146
    Tracy, if you are looking at one with the Air condition option, ensure it has the accessory fan for the a/c. I'm not talking about the fantastic fan...they all have that. It is a new fix for the a/c's not cooling enough. FYI.
    M@rk and Donn@ : 2015 T@B S Max, Silver/Black, 2008 Toyota Beef Taco DC
  • Options
    Tracygraves1Tracygraves1 Member Posts: 7
    LARK said:
    Tracy, if you are looking at one with the Air condition option, ensure it has the accessory fan for the a/c. I'm not talking about the fantastic fan...they all have that. It is a new fix for the a/c's not cooling enough. FYI.
    Well living in Texas and moving from Ohio AC is a high priority for me! Is this something that would be on some models or that I ad on at the dealer? Or do I need to order one?
  • Options
    PlaycPlayc Member Posts: 234
    LARK said:
    Lark/Tracys - Would you please clarify?   Is the fix already in 2015 models or has to be specifically asked?  I'm planning to buy one in 2 weeks. TIA.
    2015 S Sofitel, Austin/Houston
  • Options
    NormfunNormfun Member Posts: 285
    Depending on model. It is usually a black switch somewhere "near" the AC unit.  On my CSS it is on the bathroom wall right next to the ALDE controls.
    Norm & Pat. 320 S Outback Utah or somewhere else.

• Options
    bgualtieribgualtieri Member Posts: 272
    I'm pretty sure all the 2015 models have the AC ventilation fan. Ours (bought on May 1) did. Not all the 2015s have the fridge ventilation fan though. We did not get it but are working with our dealer to get one installed. LG does a great job backing their stuff and does this kind of thing under waranty.
    2015 T@b S Max | 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited | was PHX East Valley, now Dallas!
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I don't think any 2015s have the fridge fan, it's only 2-3 weeks old.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I think mine was one of the few 2015's that did not have the a/c fan because @PXLatedand I received our units around the same time and his has it. That being said, I have problems with the a/c.

The fridge fan mod is new. If buying off the lot, look into this. If custom ordering, it should have it. If you want to buy off of the lot this should be a very simple mod by your dealer.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    judymacjudymac Member Posts: 403
    Jenn, did you just begin having a/c problems?  
    Marvin sent me detailed instructions on what they do to improve or alleviate the issue. He did not, however, tell me if it would be covered under the warranty and my dealer had no knowledge of this issue.
    I think I will see if I can talk my husband into making the trip to the factory while still under warranty.
    Perhaps we could turn it into a camping and touring trip.
    Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    judymac said:
    Jenn, did you just begin having a/c problems?  
    Marvin sent me detailed instructions on what they do to improve or alleviate the issue. He did not, however, tell me if it would be covered under the warranty and my dealer had no knowledge of this issue.
    I think I will see if I can talk my husband into making the trip to the factory while still under warranty.
    Perhaps we could turn it into a camping and touring trip.
    Typo in my part. I have NO problems with the a\c.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    LARKLARK Member Posts: 146
    Yeah....Jenn and I must have gotten early 2015 models because mine did not come with the a/c fans. I did a knee jerk reaction and installed my fans and insulation without knowing if it was needed. I jut don't like getting out camping, having a problem that I knew I could have fixed before going. FYI.
    M@rk and Donn@ : 2015 T@B S Max, Silver/Black, 2008 Toyota Beef Taco DC