2021 Tab 400 door window panel

KarenELeeKarenELee Member Posts: 12
edited October 2021 in Trailer & Towing
Our Tab 400 Tab , 2021. The panel or frame on the window in the door isn’t attached on the bottom . How can we pop it back in without breaking it? 

Comments

• Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    Mine was loose on our 2020 400 BDL, it is held in with double sided tape and 2 screws at the very top. So, you have to carefully remove the inner trim that is also held in place by double sided tape. I cleaned everything up with alcohol and used 3M double sided tape to reinstall. Thousands of miles and several weeks later, it is still solid. Makes me wonder if they cleaned it properly or if they allowed the cleaner to dry before installing.

Brad
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • TABNewbiesTABNewbies Member Posts: 90
    Hi @KarenELee. Also is coming loose in the same place on our 2021 400 BD. I was thinking a warm day job for next summer when things are more flexible to remove and reset it as @Dutch061 says. 
    2021 T@B 400 BD T@bitha with 2016 Highlander
    Juliet and Andy in Massachusetts
  • ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 724
    @KarenELee
    My 2021 has the exact same issue. NuCamp sent me some adhesive tape to repair it, but I haven't uninstalled and repaired it yet.
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,185
    Ours is coming loose slowly as well. First noticed it because it looked to be installed a tad but too low in the opening. Sure enough the tape is losing adhesion.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • RayJimRayJim Member Posts: 128

2021 T@B Boondock 400. 2021 Toyota SR5 V6
  • stewmcdstewmcd Member Posts: 2
    Good idea . Thanks for sharing .
  • LonesomeRoadLonesomeRoad Member Posts: 86
    I finally decided to tackle this. Probably spent 4.5 hours on it, mostly cleaning adhesive from everything! I tore apart everything, cleaned up all the pieces of adhesive (about 4 hours of the 4.5!), put on new 3M tape, added screws (stainless) per the suggestion of @RayJim and re-assembled. Note to NuCamp -- add the screws at the factory and  save us all a headache. Now moving on to the panels around the stargazer that like to flop around...

2021 400 BD
    2018 Ford F150 
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    edited October 2022
    Grand idea, except nüCamp does not build the doors, they are manufactured by someone else, in Europe, I believe, and Trans Alantic Products imports them?
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Basil48192Basil48192 Member Posts: 255
    I had the same issue on the porthole window on my 2021 320S.  The exposed trim panel is held on (all sides) with a foam based, 2-sided tape.  The square-framed window shade has two screws at the top to hold it to the door panel, then 2-sided tape on the sides and bottom.  For the most part, the adhesive part of the tape was still very much attached to the panels, but the foam portion failed, resulting in loose panels.  It probably took two hours to remove everything, clean the old tape off, then re-attach.  I used 'Gorilla' brand, 15 lb., 2-sided tape all around for both pieces.  I considered adding more screws, but the Gorilla Tape seems to be holding really well.  Also, there are limited places to add screws without interfering with the sliding shade.