Options

jack post max height

kurtkurt Member Posts: 11
I have a 2018 tab 400 boondock and would like to know what is the maximum height you can raise the jack post, and is there a safety stop on it? I have been finding some campsites with a front end downward slope and needed to raise the jack post more than I wanted to or felt safe doing.  

Comments

• Options
    Grumpy_GGrumpy_G Member Posts: 448
    There is a stop at the end of the extension, and if that isn't enough you can always put some leveling blocks under the jack. 
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    I have the same issue with the same model/year TaB, and carry some one foot 2x6 thst I can add under the tongue Jack.  You can also get a Jack post riser that looks like a small flat top safety cone, adding a wider base to stabilize the front Jack post.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    kurtkurt Member Posts: 11

Hello, talked to my tab dealer and was informed that there is no mechanical stop on the jack post, but you will feel the difference in cranking resistance. He said to expose no more than 25" of the inner jack post. When I had the leveling problem, I already filled the space under the post with boards prior to cranking up the post and was still exposing allot of jack post. The camping site had a very deceiving slope to it.

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    I was referring to something like this to add extra height to the trailer Jack:

2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.