Options

Trim/window shade mounting for the back window.

happycamper2021happycamper2021 Member Posts: 3
edited November 2021 in Trailer & Towing
Hello, everyone! We recently purchased a Tab 400 and have been very happy with it except one thing. We have noticed some issues with trim/window shade mounting for the back window. It looks like only the four corners are attaching to the wall. The long pieces on the four sides are sagging or not mounted to the actual wall. In the pictures below, you can see noticeable gaps (marked by red lines). We are not sure if this is normal. Can anyone share if this is how the shade is supposed to be or if we should contact the manufacturer and get it fixed? Thank you in advance! 

Comments

• Options
    RMoRMo Member Posts: 147
    We have a fairly uniform 1/2 inch gap on the sides - but no black spacers (or whatever) showing as in yours.  We have no gap at all on the top.
    2019 T@B 400
    2017 Highlander Limited
  • Options
    Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    Our 2020 400 BDL doesn't have this issue either.

Brad
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    Ahh, thank you both for the reponses. Ours is a 2021 Boondock. We are also wondering what those black spacers are for. We thought they were for mounting the shade frame to the wall but they are not touching the shade frame at all. 
  • Options
    TABNewbiesTABNewbies Member Posts: 90
    Likewise, nothing like this on our 2021 TAB 400 BD either. Ask the nuCamp warranty dept.
    See these photos:

2021 T@B 400 BD T@bitha with 2016 Highlander
    Juliet and Andy in Massachusetts
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,197
    I know @LonesomeRoad had an issue where his rear window did something similar to this. Might want to hit him up.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    @TABNewbies Thank you! The pictures are extremely helpful! We will reach out to our dealer and request a service! 
  • Options
    LonesomeRoadLonesomeRoad Member Posts: 86
    The black 'spacers' are actually, I believe, designed to hold the sides of the surround in place. Ours were secured on one side and with a little persuasion, I clipped the other side in. Trying pushing the side against the roof and slide the vertical piece and you should hear it click into place. The top and bottom do not have said spacers. Our top is flush (in a fashion), but not the bottom. I did request some more of the black clips/spacers from warranty and they sent me four. Using the sides as a model, I will likely just install them myself. 
    2021 400 BD
    2018 Ford F150 
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,009
    Yeah that is not normal.  Our 2021 400 stargazer window frame/surround is super tight to the fabric ceiling and I can't even move it by pulling on it, rock solid.  I would put in a warranty claim and get it fixed proper.  Here is what the top of the frame looks like on ours.  The sides and bottom of the frame are just as tight and solid. 

2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    LonesomeRoadLonesomeRoad Member Posts: 86
    In the end, it appears that on some 2021 BD 400s that NuCamp used a replacement, plastic frame probably due to unavailability of the aluminum frame. The black 'spacers' were seemingly used to try to hold the vertical pieces of the frame against the curved wall (and failed at that). NuCamp, after some back and forth, finally sent me a replacement made out of aluminum instead of plastic. Interestingly, it's a slightly different size.
    2021 400 BD
    2018 Ford F150