Options

City water connection cracked

Husband turned the city water connector (instead of the hose he was connecting) and now it leaks from the outside of the connector.  It is plastic.  What is the part to replace and any advice on how to? T@b 400 Max

Comments

• Options
    fstop32fstop32 Member Posts: 362
    @travelingdocwife, I'm the proud owner of a somewhat vintage T@b so I'm not familiar with what the connection  looks like on your 400.  However, mine looks like the photo below, ignore the road grime she hasn't had a bath yet.  The black knob is the female connection for the hose or pressure reducer if you are using one.  It spins freely on my T@b (and it has a screw in plug to use when not connected to a water source).  In the center is the filter screen and hose washer.  If this has fallen out then you will be missing the rubber washer and you will have a leak when you hook a hose to it.  If that has happened you should be able to pick up a replacement part at an RV shop or probably any good hardware store.  I actually keep a couple of hose washers in my not-so-little repair kit for just such situations.  
    I don't know if this is the root of your problem but it was the best shot I had in the dark.  Hope the fix is simple!

DaveR middleTN - 2015 320S  /  TV 2003 Tundra 4x4
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    @travelingdocwife what year is your TaB400?   Ask, because nüCamp used two types of connector, depending on the year your trailer was made.  Also check the washer in the hose fitting, it may have fallen out, which would cause a leak at the connection.  The washer could also be cracked, also causing a leak.  This is most often the cause of a leak at this fitting.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Thanks for these comments.  I have a 2015.  My leak appears to be coming out from behind the female hose connection where it comes out of the body of the T@B.  The connection itself has a new hose and washers and doesn't leak from that connection.
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited November 2021
    Sounds like a crack then.  You have a 2015 TaB Max, which was built before the TaB400 came out in 2018.  There are so many different models of older TaBs it get confusing, which is why adding the year guilt helps.

I would suggest contacting nüCamp customer service and see if they have a replacement part available or can get you a part number to order one from through a nüCamp dealer.
    cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.