Options

Fast Way Automatic Jack Foot

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
edited November 2021 in Modifications & Upgrades
Has anyone installed this on a 400? I'm wondering if the hole is going to line up or if I will need to drill a new hole.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00718WO5S/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_WKQYFVGMTYGTW3A3ZTQ7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Comments

• Options
    swiftwaveswiftwave Member Posts: 31
    I had the 6” Fastway FLIP installed on my 400 for two years.  It worked very well 90% of the time.  On a few occasions, it was just a bit too long and because of this it became inconvenient.   I’ve just purchased the 4” version, which I think will suit me better.
    It was not necessary to drill a new hole on my jack.
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,500
    Thanks for sharing! I really like this, except I do use the wheel to move Ladybug into a better position when I camp. @Dalehelman do you think this would work if a wheel was welded on vs a flat plate? 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    I was planning to get the 4" for sure. Nice to hear you didn't have to drill another hole. I'm going to order this very soon.... as soon as c the price goes back down to $42 like it was just last week! 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Homebody, it has to mount directly on the inner pole of the jack. You can't use a wheel or a foot
     This device becomes your new foot.  Oh maybe you mean weld a wheel onto the bottom of the device?
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,432
    Interesting concept, may have to look into this to replace my stack of 4x6s.
    cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,500
    @TabbyShack, yes, weld the wheel to the bottom of the device after removing the foot. I would guess that with the right skills, knowledge and tools it could be done. Although occasionally it’s nice to use the plate foot instead of the wheel… 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited November 2021
    Denny16 said:
    Interesting concept, may have to look into this to replace my stack of 4x6s.
    cheers 
    I got away from the cribbing about 3 years back.  I was out in the desert and had my 400 up on a piece of treated 4x6 and was in the process of lowering the front and rear stabilizers.  A gust of wind came up, hit the side of the trailer shifting the weight in the sand.  The trailer tilted, bent the right stabilizer and came off the 4x6 cribbing under the jack.  I had a heck of a time getting the trailer high enough to place on the hitch of my pickup truck.  I do use the flat stabilizer plate on my tongue jack but no longer use any wood as I learned my lesson.  I had done it for years too, but the heavier 400 has changed the way I do things.  😀
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,218
    I like the concept of this but I find myself switching between the wheel and a flat foot plate depending on how unlevel the ground is. My worry would be if this device would leave my trailer too high. Is it easy to remove?
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,432
    Good point Mike, sand is a very unstable surface to jack up a trailer on.  I also had some 2x6 skip, which is why I am looking for better solutions.  Cribbing blocks work with lighter boat trailers, but as you pointed out, not very well with the heavy 400.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    It never even occurred to me to use "cribbing."  Glad I didn't find out the hard way to not use this method.  I've seen some long trailers use it in spots that slope down at the front, but with the short 400 I've never needed to do this, but always wondered why they were using so many wood blocks. It never looks stable!

Manyman, the wheel comes off my jack the day I get it home and is replaced with a flat plate forever thereafter, but this device just comes on and off like the wheel or foot plate. It has the same kind of easy to remove pin. 
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,218
    @TabbyShack Sounds like something I should look into.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    johnfconwayjohnfconway Member Posts: 292
    We lost 1.5" off the bottom of inner jack tube due to boneheaded error. Use a 7.25" stack of treated lumber scrap under jack plate 100% of time. This would be infinitesimally easier. Thanks for sharing. For once, the larger item (6") is cheaper than the 4". Maybe it's my day?!
    2020 T@B 400 BDL towed with 2019 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X  Silver City, NM