Options

Utility Platform

jgpell14jgpell14 Member Posts: 21
edited November 2021 in Camping & Travel
Hello, I'm new to the forum, and new to camping. The good news is my wife and I just put an order in for a tab400 boondock! I'm curious, what do people store on the utility platform and how do you secure it?
Thanks!
2022 TAB 400 BD / 2019 Honda Passport / 2023 Land Rover Defender / Cumberland, RI

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited November 2021
    Greetings and Welcome Aboard @jgpell14.  Before you start planning on how to load up your new trailer, may I suggest reviewing some previous discussions here on towing a trailer: https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/categories/tow-vehicles

Please review the discussions on Tow Vehicle (TV) requirements, recommendations and tongue weight limits.  Once you have an understanding of what is involved in towing a larger rig like the TaB400, you will get a better idea of how to load it up.  That said, to address your original question, the front tongue mounted rack is intended for light, bulky items.  You do not want to load up a lot of heavy weight up there.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    jgpell14jgpell14 Member Posts: 21
    edited November 2021
    Hi @Denny16 Thanks for your feedback! No worries, we have been totally immersed in towing, set up, and safety (we have months before we take delivery). I'm just looking for ideas and creativity on use of the platform.
    2022 TAB 400 BD / 2019 Honda Passport / 2023 Land Rover Defender / Cumberland, RI
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    Then the platform is a “blank canvas” waiting for you to paint on…
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    ColoradoSunColoradoSun Member Posts: 134
    So far we've not used the front rack to carry items while towing. We have plenty of space in the back of truck. I have found the platform to be handy while camping to hold larger water containers for outside use.
    2021 T@B 400 BD, 2020 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab
    SW Colorado