Kitchen Fan

AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,352
While looking for a way to circulate air through the cabin to reduce condensation I read here about using an interior fan. Found one on Amazon that looked promising. The plan was to mount it somewhere in the rear of the trailer, but after some experimenting I went with the kitchen area. Multiple uses in this location. The fans swivel in every direction so can be pointed into the cabin or out the window for removing cooking odors. One thought is that with all the windows in the vent position and the fan pointing down toward the bottom of the front window, it would force air out there and draw air into the side windows. Hoping that would create enough air flow to reduce the condensation.
One note. This is not the quality fan I was hoping for. There is a motor hum at lower speeds. Not yet sure how annoying that will be.

Stockton, New Jersey
2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

Comments

• fstop32fstop32 Member Posts: 381
    Well, I'm a fan of that idea... =)
    DaveR middleTN - 2015 320S  /  TV 2003 Tundra 4x4
  • AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,352
    Five night in on our first trip out since installing the kitchen fan. Overall very pleased. While cooking it draws out the steam through the front window even with the windows in the vent position. On almost every time out we've had condensation even with all the windows in the vent position. With the new kitchen fan running the problem is completely gone. It is louder than we'd like, but actually ends up being sort of a good thing. Before the refrigerator cycling on and off would sometimes wake me up. With the constant sound from the fan, the refrigerator is not noticeable. It becomes like one of those white noise machines.
    Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler