Options

Alde fluid change

Has anyone tried to exchange the fluid using the Alde circulator pump?

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,452
    edited February 2022
    It depends on exactly what you mean. If you could drain or otherwise evacuate all the old glycol, you could probably refill from the expansion tank and use the circulator to push the new glycol throughout the system. Set on high, the circulator may also be used to help bleed trapped air after a fluid exchange.

However, I have my doubts the circulator pump would be up to the task of pushing all of the old fluid out, or drawing new fluid in.

(MOD NOTE: To avoid having responses split in two locations, I removed your identical post in the discussion on anode rods.)  
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    stephengstepheng Member Posts: 109
    I used the circulation pump to help run distilled water through the system as part of a fluid exchange that I did last week. I also had a shop vacuum connected to the “output” side of the reservoir. I then drained and used the vacuum to remove all of the water in the system before I refilled it with the new Rhomar glycol using a hand pump. I then used the circulation pump to remove any remaining air as @ScottG mentioned above. 
    2022 T@B 320S Boondock
  • Options
    johnfconwayjohnfconway Member Posts: 291
    edited April 2023
    Anyone change Alde fluid on 2020 400 Boondock with 3-way refrigerator? I know it will be cumbersome to add fluid (via well-designed funnel) to reservoir at the window cubby. I am trying to use technique that employs Alde circulator pump.
    First stumbling point is getting to convector under the shower without breaking anything. Took two obvious screws out and removed horizontal plastic cover. It's not obvious how to get vertical aluminum cover off. I have a very expensive history of using muscle to work things free. Am I missing fasteners on the aluminum cover, or is there a need to pull up or push down to get it off? Thank you!

2020 T@B 400 BDL towed with 2019 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X  Silver City, NM
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,686
    Have you read over the DIY Glycol Exchange document?

Have you looked over the Alde glycol thread?  Warning: Very Long!  The link goes to the last page, you can go backwards through the thread and see owner's ideas on how to do this.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Have you read over the DIY Glycol Exchange document?

Have you looked over the Alde glycol thread?  Warning: Very Long!  The link goes to the last page, you can go backwards through the thread and see owner's ideas on how to do this.

Yes, I have been through hundreds of postings in at least 6 related threads.
    I did get that aluminum cover off. It had to be clips, so I did force one side and then the other.
    I took the entire bed assembly apart. I can feel the extent of the long convector, but I cannot find the tube with bleeder valve. Photo from @bergger post shows on passenger's side. Any tips?
    Took out table with assumption the dinette convector/bleeder is under the center panel. Before I remove the driver's side panel to get center panel out, just want to make sure convector is indeed in that location. Anyone?  Thanks again!

• Options
    edited April 2023
    I submitted a ticket to NuCamp. I get a feeling that plastic tubes/bleeder valves for the bed and dinette convectors were added for 2021 models(?). Also, I don't see any heat venting in and around the bottom of kitchen sink, so I am wondering if that too was added in 2021 model year. Looking at other threads, it's possible that 2020 model year used the high point bleeder under shower as means of forcing air out of system.
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,012
    The bleeder tube attached to the convector behind the bed is easy to find if it is there.  You can reach down and find it without even removing any parts of the bed assembly.  The one behind the dinette seat, passenger side, was a bit harder to locate but it's there on the 2021 model.  I'm betting the neither of those bleeder tubes are on the 2020 model year, at least not the early model year.  I was able to look in a 2022 400 and they have also added a bleeder tube to the convector in the kitchen.  It seems each year, staring in 2021 they've added more and more of them for convenience.  

Look closely at all the convectors on your trailer to see if they have bleeders on the exit side of the convector.  It's possible that they added those in 2020 but not the extension tubes.  The one in my kitchen has one but no extension tube like on the 2022 and 2023s. 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado