Options

Motor stays on under fuse box

When I went to shore power the fan under the fuse box wont shut off. Tab 400 BD 2022. 
Prior to shore power I was on the battery and no noise. What is wrong? Just got this camper. First time using shore power. 

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,513
    The converter fan will run while charging the battery.  How long has it been running?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    brownbluegreenbrownbluegreen Member Posts: 3
    Sharon it was running about 4 hours I had to go unplug from shore power to get some peace. Ive only be in it for about 3 days and that is first time I plugged in. Battery is full on Alde. 
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,505
    Sharon it was running about 4 hours I had to go unplug from shore power to get some peace. Ive only be in it for about 3 days and that is first time I plugged in. Battery is full on Alde. 
    If you’ve been using the trailer for 3 days without shore power the battery was probably pretty depleted unless it had input from solar power. When you plugged in the converter was running to recharge it. How are you tracking the state of charge (SoC) of your battery?
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,597
    edited February 2022
    As @Marceline noted your batteries may be lower than you believe due to three days of operation - - - depending on what VDC items you had been using.
    @brownbluegreen said:
    . . . Battery is full on Alde. 
    Assuming you used the Alde Control Panel Service Screen to obtain the battery voltage.
       a)  Was this done while on Shore-Power or battery only power ?
             If on Shore-Power the Alde is reading the Power Center Convertor voltage not the battery.

b)  If on Battery only, what was the voltage value ?

Ideally, the battery SOC should be measured at the battery terminal with a quality Voltage Meter and no load on the battery (at least one {negative} terminal disconnected).

Assuming you are confident that the battery has a full charge and since the trailer is new . . .
    It is of course possible the Power Center has a defective Convertor 'current load sensor' section.  Would guess this is unlikely but possible.  It is also possible something on the trailer 12VDC bus is shorting to ground or otherwise causing a high current demand.

So if sure battery is okay and Power Center fan won't shut-off you might try:
       1)  Removing all the fuses except the bottom two. (document fuse Amps to fuse location)
            That would disconnect all the trailer circuits.
             Leaving the bottom two in place will keep the convertor 'charger' function connected to the battery.

2)  If the fan stops running, then one of the removed fuse circuits has an issue.

3)  You can isolate by replacing fuses one at a time . . . best to install fuses when all power
                 is off, shore and battery disconnect to prevent arcing and possible fuse damage.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,683
    If you have a 400, with factory solar, you have access to the Victron App, which will help monitor your battery.
    Monitoring is the key to these battery things that pop up.  Your converter running is completely normal to recharge your battery. 

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    Grumpy_GGrumpy_G Member Posts: 456
    Even with a fully charged battery the converter fan spins if the 12V load is high enough. It typically does not run fast enough to be noticeable though, unlike when it is charging the battery. In my trailer there is a slight noise from the fan in the evening with lights, Alde and TV on. More info here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcnMew3fU0g
  • Options
    TomCanadaTomCanada Member Posts: 286
    If we turn on enough devices, the fan runs.  Shutting off a set of lights or two usually makes it stop.  Normal operation.
  • Options
    brownbluegreenbrownbluegreen Member Posts: 3
    Been overwhelmed with the camper. Honestly the new camper smell is really bad also. Thanks for your answers. It did stop running. 
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    You can air out the camper by slightly opening the front and back window, open the fan vent a few inches, and add some heat from the Alde or a portable space heater, and Bob’s your uncle...  The new camper smell takes time to go away, but is will…
    cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.