Options

Does Battery On/Off Switch Kill Power to the Stinger Distribution Box?

My 2022 400 came with an AC powered TV and I want to switch it for the 12 volt version.  I need to hard wire it in, so I just wanted to ask if the battery on/off switch kills power to the Stinger distribution box? If not, I guess I need to disconnect the negative wire first to kill power to that box.  I half way know what I'm doing but always like to get comments from the forum first!!

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited February 2022
    The battery disconnect switch is between the Power Distro box and the load circuits, so it does not isolate the distro box.  The best way to disable the TaB’s DC system is to disconnect the battery’s negative lead going to the distribution box.  Once disconnected, no current is going to be flowing from the battery.  Make sure to cover the cable’s terminal in a non conducive enclosure, like a rubber glove.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    @TabbyShack are you saying NuCamp is now using a non 12vdc powered TV? What are you replacing the brand new TV with? Did you find something other than the Jensen they have used for years?
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    edited February 2022
    Yes, mine has an AC powered tv! I'm not a happy camper! I've done some limited research and it looks like the Jensen is really the best option among not so great options.  

I actually emailed NuCamp to ask why they did this...is it a supply chain issue, or something else?