Options

(UPDATED with NuCamp Reply) NuCamp Not Installing 12 Volt TV's in 400

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    edited February 2022
    Failed to mention I had two 100amp hr lithiums installed before I picked it up.  :D so I'm good! I agree, I will see how things go after some time. I am at peace now haha. 

Oh yea thanks for reminding me I'm down one screen door! They didn't tell me about that either but I already knew from here. 
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,432
    edited February 2022
    In all fairness, I not think nüCamp has major capital investors calling the shots, as it is a privately owned family company, and does not sell shares.  That said, nüCamp has a history of changing individual components in their TaB build, most of which were improvements.  On nüCamp’s site, they do say, the listed TaB specifications are subject to change.  The TV is not listed as a AC or DC unit.  The new AC monitor seems to be an upgrade screen quality wise from its 12VDC previously used unit.  When a vendor like Jenson changes a product or discontinues one.

Also, we live in a global economy and nüCamp has no control over the international market place.  Individual products come and go.  The TaB trailer is built using sourced components, nüCamp does not manufacture all of the bits used in their trailer builds.  Whist having a TV is nice for the occasional movie whilst camping, I can live without one.  Many EU RVs do not even include the TV monitor, just the connections to add one of your choosing.
     Cheers 

2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    I will say that the picture is VERY good! I'm pleased with it after I went out and watched a dvd this evening.  Its definitely a better picture than my 12 volt Jensen in my 2019 and like I said above somewhere, this is the very latest release from Jensen.  I noticed that I can still see the screen the same from side angles and when standing above it.

I think that fact that NuCamp is ever changing components is a VERY positive aspect of this company. They monitor this forum and take our feedback and continuously improve the product. I've seen this evolve over the three T@Bs I've owned. 
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,031
    I could not agree more with Denny16.  The most important thing to me is having a trailer that is built extremely well and is very solid.  Having opened up most of the compartments of our 400 and almost dismantling the front dinette twice I can say it is built very well.  Appliances such as stoves, radios and tv's are low on my list.  While we occasionally watch a movie it is generally only on a night when the weather does not permit us to sit outside to enjoy the evening.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado