Options

Victron 75/15 for portable panel wiring

I’m finally getting around to wiring a Victron 75/15 for a 160w portable panel (no controller). I just want to be sure that I get this right because I’m a little confused by the “Load” terminals on the controller. 

Is this right?
Positive side 
Solar
SAE port > fuse > Victron controller > fuse > Battery 

House
Converter > fuse > battery switch > Battery

Negative side
Solar Neg and House neg to Smart Shunt > Battery Neg 

Is this clear? Does this seem right?   
I’m at a campground with poor reception so having trouble searching for answers. 

I don’t understand what would be connected to the “Load” terminals on the controller. 

Thanks!
San Francisco Bay Area
2013 CS-S us@gi
Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited February 2022
    Marceline, The Load terminals are for connecting devices that will draw piwer from the house battery/solar panels.  On some installations, the trailer 12VDC circuits are connected to the MPPT’s Load terminals, and if the power draw exceeds the available amps/watts, the MPPT will shut down the load to allow the battery to recharge.  I used this terminal to connect an external 12VDC plug on our TaB.  You can just ignore the Load connection for your installation.

Have fun at the campground, wish I could have joined you…
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,505
    @Denny16 Thanks so much for your prompt reply! I’m at Olema this weekend if you want to swing by. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    I know, you mentioned in a previous post you were going.  Unfortunately work commitments prevent me from coming.  Have a grand time, and hopefully I will see you at the big meet up there later in the year.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.