Options

Greetings from Columbus, OH

Chris75Chris75 Member Posts: 3
After reading the discussions on this forum for a while, I finally created a profile. We've been considering Little Guy products for a few weeks now and I think we've settled on a T@B CS-S with an attached tent. As a family of four (my wife, me and two boys age 7 and 3), a larger camper would probably be more practical, but we love the quality and design of the T@B. We also like being outdoors, and as tent campers for many years, don't want or need the amenities of much larger campers. My tow vehicle is a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee with towing package, which I think is more than enough for the T@B.

I look forward to learning more about the community and products via this forum. Specifically any feedback on the attached tent would be helpful. Is it large enough for the two boys and a couple air mattresses at night? How difficult is it to set up, etc? We're not sure exactly when we'll make our purchase, but it will likely be before next Spring.

Chris

Comments

• Options
    breakawaybreakaway Member Posts: 38
    WE live in Holland OH outside Toledo. The tent is fairly easy to set up and there is plenty of room for 2 boys and mattresses. My son has slept in the tent along with his massive dog and have had no problems. We have a 2014 T@B Max S model and this for forum is a lifesaver.  We have been tenters all of our lives and finally gave in to the heat and humidity. There is a large learning curve when you travel  to RVing from tenting. Do your homework and this forum is your instruction manual.
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback breakaway. I'm realizing there is definitely some maintenance to stay on top of with a camper that you don't have with a tent! Not overwhelming by any means, but some of what I've read I wouldn't have thought of on my own. 
  • Options
    WVWandererWVWanderer Member Posts: 12
    Hi Chris!  I too am purchasing next spring.  I was just at Hadocy RV in Columbus this weekend to get my first look at the Tabs.  We loved them.  Looking to purchase the Tab S with a tent as well.
    Jeep Wrangler Unlimited & soon to be Outback
    Pittsburgh, PA
  • Options
    WVWanderer - My wife and I were just at Haydocy last week. We are working with Bruce there. Seems like a solid dealership.
  • Options
    Machak88Machak88 Member Posts: 160
    Chris75, welcome to the T@B family! Since you are a family of 4 with growing boys, you may want to consider carefuly if a CS-S would be better for you than an S model which has a larger bed. That depends on whether the little ones are fully comfortable with always sleeping in the tent vs wanting to snuggle with parents at times  :) . If you decide that CS-S would still be better for your family, you may wish to take a look at some great customisations of CS-S front bench into a full-hight counter with drawers and an inside sink described in several places on this forum. Best of luck and enjoy planning for your new T@B! 
    2014 T@B S-Maxx with 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Turbo, Atlanta, GA. 
  • Options
    mannymanny Member Posts: 108

Hi, Chris75,  welcome to the forum,  my wife & I got a t@b L-Max from Haydocy  last sept...   we love it.  had a problem with it two days later when we got back home.  2 hrs. from cbus..  took it back they fixed it ..  everything working great since then.. soild place to me..   Happy Camping in the future with that T@B your looking for...   Manny  2015 T@B L-Max..

2017  T@B CS-S Max ...  2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Welcome to the forum Chris!

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    R&DAndrewsR&DAndrews Member Posts: 116
    Chris75 said:
    WVWanderer - My wife and I were just at Haydocy last week. We are working with Bruce there. Seems like a solid dealership.
    We live in Pittsburgh and drove to Haydocy and we are working with Bruce as well. He is very knowledgeable and we were impressed that he has a T@B S himself.  We are a family of 3 and will be doing T@B plus a tent as well.  We selected the CS-S model too and are having it special ordered with inside counter including sink/fridge as we don't want to have a sink in the wetbath and don't want to deal with a cooler.  He has been great with follow up and the price for special order is the same as another dealer was selling on their lot.  Hopefully we will be placing our order soon.  Have to make final decisions....it's so hard sometimes. 
  • Options
    WVWandererWVWanderer Member Posts: 12
    Hey R&DAndrews.....funny, we met Bruce when we were at Hadocy.  Did Bruce say how long your wait will be for the special order?  I believe we're going to wait for early 2016 to order.  I know we're ordering the S model but would like to add the platform to the front.  I would love to know how the process goes for you.
    Jeep Wrangler Unlimited & soon to be Outback
    Pittsburgh, PA
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    The W PA and OH T@b family has finally grown this year! Welcome!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    jcfaber1jcfaber1 Member Posts: 318

Welcome.  My wife and I tow with a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the factory tow package and 6CYL motor.  It tows great.  You should have no problems.

John

2007 T@B

Rockford, IL

• Options
    R&DAndrewsR&DAndrews Member Posts: 116
    Hey R&DAndrews.....funny, we met Bruce when we were at Hadocy.  Did Bruce say how long your wait will be for the special order?  I believe we're going to wait for early 2016 to order.  I know we're ordering the S model but would like to add the platform to the front.  I would love to know how the process goes for you.
    Bruce said the wait will depend on if they have any T@B's on order that haven't hit production yet and then they will switch our order to get it to us sooner.  If not able to switch, then 4 months.  We keep changing our minds on what we want and may now wait for the larger T@B since we are family of 3 and it would be nice if everyone could sleep inside.  The things that we want to special order for the T@B CS-S are: platform, diamond plate tongue box, inside counter with sink/fridge instead of bench, and outside shower.

We really like the outside kitchen and would love to see a larger T@B with outside kitchen as this hasn't been done before....but we will have to see.
  • Options
    thomlinzthomlinz Member Posts: 12
    Bought new Sofitel series t@b CS max at Haydocy last month. Pleased with their dealership. The only "hiccup" in the experience so far was getting it home to find a dead, used battery. I was , at first, disgruntled but ultimately the dealership rushed me a New one before the week ended. I would say the overall courtesy was fantastic. Thanks Bruce!
    t@b sofitel max cs/s - Heartland USA