Options

Glycol blockage and leak

I was hoping my previous corroded fitting on our new camper was the end of our problems but unfortunately not. Here is the link to my previous thread
Over Christmas camping I noticed glycol leaking from under the bathroom area out onto the ground. Removed the panel behind the toilet and sure enough my glycol reservoir was completely empty. There were no obvious signs of wet or loose fittings hoping I could fix the problem myself. Called Nucamp warranty and they told me to call my dealer to get the camper in and that they would work with them to solve the problem. Brought the camper in and they filled the system back up and but did not see leaking fluid anywhere. They ran several cycles like this with no signs of leaking. On the third try they finally found that the hose clamp on the bottom of the  reservoir was squirting glycol out around it like it was under pressure. They removed the clamp and found the that it was fully clogged with crystalized glycol. They also found this on the fittings going to the radiator behind the toilet. They cleared the clogs and inspected the radiator for corrosion but did not see any. The clogs happen where the fluid gets reduced down into a smaller diameter and therefore better chance of getting constricted and jammed.
System was flushed out several times and Rhomar fluid added. The camper is out of warranty but Nucamp paid for the repair. On a better note we went camping this weekend and heating system works great again. 
2021 320 BOONDOCK, 2017 F150 2.7 ECOBOOST

Comments