Options

Split mattress topper

I'm interested in the Mattress Insider toppers for my 2022 320S but was wondering if anyone has used two smaller ones for the flexibility to set up only one side?

My bed measurements came out to 70"W x 69"L (leaving an inch or so uncovered in the back since the cushions roll down). So I think I would order 2x 35.5"W x 69"L toppers.

My concerns are that the gap in the middle might be too noticeable/saggy or cause a raised bump if the toppers overlap. With two people there may be a desire to sleep in the middle of the bed. So potentially fitting a full size topper and cutting in half myself so the edges are flush could be a solution.

So, what have you seen regarding dual topper setups?
2022 T@B 320 S Boondock

Comments

• Options
    d4amigosd4amigos Member Posts: 10
    Have had a short queen mattress topper that split thru normal wear. Got the mattress topper because I could always feel the gaps between the T@B cushions.  Always seemed to feel the split in the mattress topper, so added another mattress topper doubling the height and covering the split.
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,494
    Agree with d4amigos. If you’re going to do two toppers anyway, I’d get one for the whole bed and a smaller one for sleeping solo. Otherwise odds are reasonably high you’ll end up dealing with an uncomfortable gap.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    We bought a single large topper and cut it in half, so that we could have more flexibility in using and stowing it. Ours is an organic latex which seems to be pretty heavy, so being able to deal with one at a time works better anyway. We stack them up folded in half (lengthwise) in the back so it becomes a back for the couch.
    We got a zip up mattress-bag (like a pillow cover) for each one so that it would be easier to keep the bed(s) made.
    Works well.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    kkgaddkkgadd Member Posts: 7
    I was tired carrying a three inch topper every trip and looking for a space in the house to store a rolled up topper. I'm a side sleeper with a bad back and the best thing I found that is lightweight and easy to pack were three KLYMALOFT SLEEPING PADs the regular 72x23 size ones (https://klymit.com/collections/sleeping-pads/products/klymaloft-sleeping-pad) then I used a sleeping bag liner to cover them or a fitted king size sheet (tuck the excess) and you are off to getting some Zzzzzzzz! They are a bit costly so look for them on sale at Sam's or on Ebay.

• Options
    Yoshi_TABYoshi_TAB Member Posts: 381
    Hi, We have two twin toppers.  I cut a slice off part of each end so we have a gap to stand up at night, but leaves them touching near the head.  We sleep with our heads near the back.  I also have a wedge to fill the gap when you pull out the sliding bench.  We have the S model.  Maybe this helps for ideas…
    2021 TAB 320 BD
    2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Southern Maryland