Options

Air conditioner mount 320 CS-S

Our T@B is 7 years old, and while we have never had any problem with the A/C unit, it has always seemed odd that the bottom of the unit protrude from the cabinet about 1”, while top is flush.   It is almost as if the bottom of the unit was not installed back far enough.   Do other owners have the same condition?   Since it has never caused us any issue I am reluctant to mess with it now, ie:  “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”.    Or is ours the norm?

Comments

• Options
    kottumkottum Member Posts: 226
    We had a camper with the fridge mis-mounted like this. The problem was cold air leaked around the seal that separated the interior from the exterior.  Cold wind from that direction let plenty of cold air in.  Took it back to factory service while on a trip and they remounted it correctly.

Not an issue here, but with the propane fridge, there was also potential of exhaust gas from burning propane constantly leaking back into the trailer.

Doug K
    Douglas and Cheryl both Navy Retired
    2022 Tab 320s Boondock/2021 Honda Ridgeline BE
    Minnesota and Arizona
  • Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 419
    You can remove the frame around the AC by removing the two screws on the left and right side.  You may then be able to see what's going on and possibly make an adjustment.
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • Options
    Grumpy_GGrumpy_G Member Posts: 453
    Mine is a 2015 (so pretty much 7 years as well) and it looked similar. I think what happens is that going down bumpy dirt roads pops the lower edge of the AC unit over the lip. As said already remove the frame and push it back. You want the rear of the AC unit align with outside opening. 
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,435
    I removed the A/C from my 2015 some time ago, but as I recall it protruded evenly top and bottom.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 419
    edited March 2022
    I'd like to remove ours but I have a minority voice in our two person household.  ;)
    Edit: I must add the A/C has come in handy a few times in the life of our trailer--so it's good I didn't carry the vote.
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH