SPRING Season CHECKLIST....newbie

dawnhowes11dawnhowes11 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2022 in Tips & Tricks
Just got my 2022 Tab 320 cs-s clamshell TD from Nucamp at the end of 2021... was able to camp just once before we winterized it as best we could remember. 
NOW , SPRING TIME and I need a checklist to help me relearn what I need to do to make it all 'work' well for our first camping trip. Things like how to make sure ALdi works for boondocking, fridge things, heat things, battery things.... What sorta checklist do you all go over to not only make sure all all parts are working well before the first camping trip of the season. Thanks. 

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    edited March 2022
    1.  Once you are out of freezing temps - dewinterize.  https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/8904/dewinterizing-and-sanitizing#latest

2.  Check the battery voltage first, then plug into shorepower using a surge protector.  Turn the battery switch on.  Charge battery.

3.  On shorepower - check to see if all 12 V appliances are operational ( lights, A/C, pump, frig, etc).  If plugged into your house circuit, keep in mind that you are limited to 15-20 amp draw.

4.  Check the glycol level.  Turn on the Alde control.  Set it to electric 1 kw (2 kw + other appliances may trip your house breaker).  Set the thermostat.  Give it some time - Does it heat up?  Now, open the propane tank.  Turn off electric on the Alde and see if it heats on propane.

5.  Check the smoke alarm.  When you plugged in, did the CO/lpg monitor turn on?

6.  Once you have dewinterized and sanitized, use the Nautilus, hook up to city water, run water through your taps, shower and toilet to get the air out and fill the Alde hot water tank.  Then, using the Nautilus, fill the fresh water tank.  Disconnect from city water.

7.  Turn off all appliances. Disconnect from shorepower.  Turn on the appliances.  Do they work on battery?  Does the Alde turn on and heat with LPG.  Can you light the stove?  Does the pump work to run the taps?

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • AstroTABAstroTAB Member Posts: 11
    @Sharon_is_SAM great list, thanks for sharing! This will be our first time prepping for the spring with our new Tab :)
    Ashley & Trevor | 2021 T@B 400 | Toyota Highlander | Niagara, Ontario | @AstroBackyard
  • WayneWWayneW Member Posts: 187
    Don’t overlook the “running gear”. You’ve got to get there safely to enjoy it. 

Check tire pressure, including spare. Do you have the correct lug wrench?  

Check torque on lug nuts. 

Check wiring connection on trailer and tow vehicle for corrosion. Clean as necessary. Check trailer lights - turn signals, brake lights, running lights. 

Check electric brake operation and adjust if necessary. 

Check operation of emergency trailer brakes. 

You shouldn’t need to do anything with the wheel bearings. That will be next year!
    2021 320S BD
    2006 F-150
    Coeur d'Alene, Idaho