Options

Jack-E-Up Install

jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
I installed the Jack-E-Up last night. Like others have mentioned, you have to put washers, or some type of spacer over the holes in trailer tongue where the three bolts to the jack go, to raise the Jack-E-Up over the other bolts on the T@b. I used (3) 9/16" washers over each hole. You also have to make sure to keep the washers as far away from the large center hole for the jack, as possible, so there is enough room for the jack to slide into the hole. The hole process is one of the easiest mods that can be done to  a T@b. If you have any hesitation, don't wait. It is easy and worthwhile. The only tool needed is a 9/16" socket or wrench. I used a short extender on my socket to make it easier.

The good news: this is a solid solution and it works as advertised. The bad news: because I am installing a battery box on my tongue, the range my tailgate will swing will be limited to about 3/4 open. That means there is not enough room on my Jeep for the top hatch to clear the spare tire and open completely. I can open it enough to get stuff out and I will just be sure to put the most frequently needed stuff on the right side.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

Comments