Options

Delivery day!

Jay_and_KatJay_and_Kat Member Posts: 215
Drove 3hrs to our dealer to pick up our TAB 400 Boondock today (and sign away our paychecks) then towed it back to our storage spot.  Now I just need to practice backing it up, we need to start sorting and placing our supplies, book our first camping trip...

The guy who runs the storage lot suggested getting a pad or tower to put under the tongue jack (and not to use the wheel so it doesn't get blown around the lot,) when we parked it he gave us a couple hunks of 2x lumber to put under it with the wheel off and we chocked one wheel and put the rear stabilizers down (on pads we bought.)

----------------------------------------------------------
Jay and Kat
Tow vehicle:  2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S + tow package
Camper:  2022 T@B 400 Boondock w/Norcold 3-way fridge

Comments

• Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 755
    edited March 2022
    I found that the wheel has a tendency to sink into softish ground.  And it pretty well pushed through the leggo type leveling blocks I have.  I bought a flat plate that fits in place of the wheel.
    Harbor freight has rubber chocks for less than $10.  Sometimes, if you catch a sale, for a lot less than $10.  Much better than plastic chocks.
    And I put all four stabilizers down when in storage.  The trailer doesn't budge an inch during the high winds we sometimes have here.
    And congrats on the new Tab 400!
  • Options
    Grumpy_GGrumpy_G Member Posts: 448
    Congratulation! And I agree on the jack wheel. I replaced mine with a foot which can be left on the jack when traveling. Mine being a 320 I can still move the trailer around on most surfaces just sliding on the foot. 
  • Options
    Jay_and_KatJay_and_Kat Member Posts: 215
    Grumpy_G said:
    Congratulation! And I agree on the jack wheel. I replaced mine with a foot which can be left on the jack when traveling. Mine being a 320 I can still move the trailer around on most surfaces just sliding on the foot. 
    Yeah, we were glad we'd bought a Harbor Freight tongue dolly and took it along with us, otherwise we might still be there trying to get the trailer into our spot without hitting the trailers on either side!
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Jay and Kat
    Tow vehicle:  2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S + tow package
    Camper:  2022 T@B 400 Boondock w/Norcold 3-way fridge
  • Options
    Congrats!!! I'm so excited for you! 

The wheel always comes off day one on all my Tabs and replaced with a flat foot. The issue I had at a couple of campsites is I couldn't get low enough in the front with the wheel on to get level.  Unless you are on pavement, and have a VERY strong back, you're not going to be moving it at all anyway. 
  • Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 419
    FYI we have never used the wheel for ours.  Still haven't installed a flat foot either but it sounds like a good idea.  I can see how the wheel may be useful for jockeying the trailer around for better orientation or views.  But if moving the trailer about, the surface had better be near level.  I wouldn't want to chase the trailer rolling downhill.
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited March 2022
    Congratulations Jay and Kat, nice looking rig, and the black trim on your TaB matches the Gladiator.  We have the same Gladiator but our TaB400 is blue trim.  I find the Gladiator tows the TaB400 quite well.  Safe travels.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.