Options

Possible water leak 2021 320S BD

MarkAlMarkAl Member Posts: 459
We have camped frequently this winter. With the mild conditions in the Puget Sound area we alternate winterization and reversing it. I recently have noticed what I thought was rain or dew dripping to the ground in the lower right front. Now the last few trips I realized the pump is randomly activating to pressurize the system. I now believe I have a leak. Maybe from minor frost damage? The problem is I don't know why it would leak here. There is no water collecting behind the cabinets and no hoses in that area. Thoughts for me on where to look? I'm thinking of removing the plastic sheet under the trailer when the weather improves to investigate. But I have not pulled this off before and apprehensive I'll break something.
Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
managed by VE Smart Network

Comments

• Options
    PintoplumberPintoplumber Member Posts: 168
    You could also have a slight leak at the check valve allowing water to go back into your fresh water holding tank, making the pump run every now and then. It still may be dew or condensation.
    2016 320 CS-S  1954 Ford F100  2017 Chevy suburban 
  • Options
    mntrailsmntrails Member Posts: 143
    edited March 2022
    @MarkAI,sorry to hear you're having water leak issues.  You've probably already looked but the area behind the toilet backsplash would be a likely area to investigate carefully.  All of the plumbing runs along the left (driver's) side of the T@B under the bench, through the shower area, to the left front and there's quite a few connections back there behind that cover.  I know I found a number of fittings only 'hand tight' in that area after checking for leaks after de-winterizing last spring. The fact that the pump comes on to pressurize the system indicates that whatever leak you have is on the pressured side of the pump and there's only the kitchen sink faucet, bathroom faucet, toilet flush, outside shower fixtures, Alde and the drain ports, on that side of the line.  Most can be seen clearly under the drivers side seat so that just leaves the area under the shower, behind the toilet and under the kitchen sink. Good luck with your search - I hope you find something loose vs broken.
    2021 T@B 320S Boondock - 2018 Toyota 4Runner
  • Options
    @mntrails I haven't pulled the toilet/glycol access panel as I didn't think that area had water lines. Is that the backsplash you're referring to? I found a minor water leak on a January camp trip while fixing a minor Alde issue under the seat. It required a slight tightening. It showed me the reality of having a good tool kit. Can't have enough tools or (now) extra unions / clamps while out.

I've needed to remove that plastic cover for a year to replace a defective shower drain and run a larger diameter charger wire to the batteries. Now it's time, weather isn't ideal, bummer.
  • Options
    mntrailsmntrails Member Posts: 143
    Yes, that's the panel - a couple screws (IIRC) and it can get pulled away and manuevered out of the shower. 
    2021 T@B 320S Boondock - 2018 Toyota 4Runner
  • Options
    Good, I'll pull it when I return home. I open it about every 6 months to check the glycol. Right now we're enjoying coffee looking over the Saratoga Passage for our local gray whales....