Open area above refrigerator 2021 Tab 400

cmpd218cmpd218 Member Posts: 11
edited January 2023 in Trailer & Towing
I have found that there is an open area about 1/2 inch wide - all along - above the 3 way fridge in my 2021 Tab 400. I can feel the heat or cold air blowing in around the unit   I also feel wind coming in below the fridge. 

Is this normal?  Definitely appears to be another poorly constructed part of my camper. 

Comments

• GherzigGherzig Member Posts: 99
    The space behind the fridge is open directly to the outdoors through the large sidewall vents.  There should be a seal along the top edge of the fridge to keep the outside air out.
    2021 T@b 400 Boondock
           Oneonta, NY
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    Yes, the gap between the fridge and cabinet is normal to allow air circulation, but the front part where it extends into the tailer should be sealed, or have a bit of trim around the inside to block any drafts from coming into the trailer.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • cmpd218cmpd218 Member Posts: 11
    Thanks. Mine definitely does not have any trim on bottom or top to stop the site from entering the camper. 
    So I contacted NuCamp and Raphael told me that it was supposed to be that way. There is NO WAY that there should be an open area to the outside of the camper. 
    Sent pics and message to help@NuCamp.com.    Waiting for a reply🤞🏻
    I agree, others have but foam cord or window insulation in the gaps around the 3-way fridge, and added trim to keep it in place.  Another reason not to get a 3-way fridge, they need venting to the outside, lots of venting…
    cheers
  • berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 958
    Can you post  some pictures of what it looks like?  I can compare it to my 2021 400 tomorrow.  I have never noticed cold or hot air coming into our trailer around the fridge. 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
    Gap at the top is 1/4 to 1/2 inch. About 1/4” everywhere else. 
  • berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 958
    I'd say we have maybe a 1/4" gap around our fridge. Definitely not a 1/2" by any means.  I guess I've never noticed it because I've never felt any hot or cold air blowing through it.  I wonder if there is something missing behind your fridge that seals the compartment?  It'll be another week or two before I uncover ours but when I do I'll see if I can look behind the vent covers and see what it looks like.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • GherzigGherzig Member Posts: 99
    The back of the fridge should be pushed back against a wood frame with a felt strip attached serving as a seal between the fridge and the wood.  You can see this by removing the lower exterior vent cover.  See photos below.  I would expect that either your fridge is not pushed back fully against the wood frame or the felt strip is missing.
    Hope this helps.
    2021 T@b 400 Boondock
           Oneonta, NY
    edited April 2022
    That makes sense.  I figured there had to be a seal somewhere, or gas fumes/exhaust would leak into the cabin.  Sounds like a dealer warranty repair to me, if the factory did not get this installed correctly.
    Cheers 
  • TABNewbiesTABNewbies Member Posts: 90
    Cover off today :) and although a small 1/4" gap on the inside, the rear of the fridge is sealed and no drafts come through. See a couple more photos.

The same black seal showing at the top of the fridge rear.

2021 T@B 400 BD T@bitha with 2016 Highlander
    Juliet and Andy in Massachusetts
    Thanks everyone. There is no seal on my fridge. AND NuCamp has not responded to my email. Guess I’ll have to keep calling and messaging.