Options

ClimateRight Air Conditioner

Hi Gang:

We're seriously considering the ClimateRight A/C (www.climaterightair.com). We bought our 2014 T@b (with the Q floor plan) without A/C (we wanted the room for storage). During the summer, with Wee-Bey the dog, it's becoming necessary to have it, after all. The ClimateRight option looks perfect, except we have to have ports installed for intake and exhaust. They're mainly built for Little Guy teardrops and the ports go right in front. My question is: does anyone had one of these? And if so, where did you install the ports? Also, how do you like it? Does it work well?

Thanks much!

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I don't have it, but if you do go this route, it seems worthwhile to install the Outback tongue platform, so that you have an easy spot to put the a/c unit.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    I don't know for the T@B, but I hear nothing but good things about them for the regular Little Guys.  You may want to reach out to ClimateRight and make sure you get the right unit to handle the larger space in the T@B.  They will also be able to advise on where to place the intake and exhaust.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    SUDSSUDS Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for your note. The only question that remains is where to put the ports for the unit. I did contact ClimateRight and they responded that where to place the ports is a matter of "personal preference". Not really helpful. I've responded back with further questions of a more technical nature, so hopefully I can get some direction with them.
  • Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    Hello Suds,  We had a CR unit when they first brought production back to the us.  We got it for the LG 5wide platform.  Took some getting used to at first.  the remote is like a remote for your tv or dvd player in that it has to have a line of sight to operate the unit.  We had the stargazer window in the front so I could point the control through the window to the a/c to controll it.  worked well for us.  Wish that we waited until the heat / A/C unit came out.  Have the Cool cat in our 2013 Q max T@B now and like it.  Not sure if CR has made any changes in how you control the unit otherwise.  Fred
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    sboesenbergsboesenberg Member Posts: 17
    so you are happy with your Cool Cat a/c unit?  Is it housed on the floor in a box?  Our 2004 unit needs a new one but they want $1400.