Options

Bathroom Door Removal in a 400

I thought there was some discussion on this a few years ago but couldn’t find it. Sorry if I’m repeating a question.
We are considering removing the bathroom door on our 400 boondock lite. There is no problem with it. It works fine. Just wondering about excess weight and ease of entry. We only use the bathroom to shower and pee. Nothing more!!! Thought the curtain might be enough. Any thoughts? Regrets? 
Thanks 
2019 TAB 400 Boondock Lite 

Comments

• Options
    BinghiBinghi Member Posts: 271
    Considered that myself. Wife vetoed the idea.
    2021 400 BD / 2016 VW Touareg / Austin, TX
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited April 2022
    I simply switched our washroom door on the TaB 400 the other way round, so when it is open, it creates a room divider, and makes entry from bed area much easier.  The door it not that heavy, the mirror weighs as much as the door or more.  You could try removing the mirror first, to make it a little lighter.  

That said, the door does hold the shower curtain in place when showering.  Also, your gain is only going to be 20 lbs or less, so might not be worth the effort.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    jimcennamejimcenname Member Posts: 271
    edited April 2022
    I have a feeling the shower curtain would blow out into the kitchen area if a roof vent is open or a spray of water hits it. I've considered cutting a few inches off the top of the door to improve ventilation and then not leave the door ajar after a shower so the moisture evaporates quickly.
    2019 T@B400
    TV: 2017 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    Southern California
    Full-timer since 2019
  • Options
    SierraSierra Member Posts: 42
    Good thoughts. Thanks
    2019 TAB 400 Boondock Lite 
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,507
    How about adding curtain weights to the shower curtain?  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio