Tab 320S in Minnesota

elbolilloelbolillo Member Posts: 286
Hello all! Joined the forum back in August of 2021 after purchasing our Tab 320S at the beginning of July. As much as I have perused the forum I totally missed this section of introductions. My wife and I have traveled extensively and my wife was formerly in the RV rental business. However, besides one trip in an RV when we were first married, camping was not on our radar until COVID hit. We did one outing with a tent, then promptly upgraded to a Viking TD. That lasted less than a year and we took ownership of our 2021 Tab 320S from Mark Wahlberg RV.

Since July of 2021 we took a few 4-5 day trips to Northern WI and then went to Kentucky in October for 10 days. Then we got even more adventurous and took the last two weeks of December to explore Big Bend. Stayed at Chisos Basin Campground. What an awesome National Park.

Then this March we did a 3 week, 5342 mile, 13 state, 7 National Park road trip. Probably one of the best trips we have ever had. Zion, Bryce, Joshua Tree, Saguaro, White Sands, Carlsbad Caverns, and Guadalupe Mountain. Our 320 pulled like a charm and with our Honda Pilot we averaged about 16mpg.

We love the quality construction of our TAB 320S and have run into very few issues. As many have mentioned on the forums, the cushions leave a lot to be desired and the faucet that they put in the sink was complete junk. Swapped out the faucet. Replaced the overhead lights in the main cabin and bathroom with dimmable lights. Swapped out the reading lights as well with dimmable lights. Changed out the Fantastic Fan to the model with more than just 3 adjustable speeds. (The three speeds were so similar and loud). Customized the decals on the outside. Installed two 100A BB lithium batteries, Victron 712 shunt, and a solar charger to power a 100W suitcase solar panel. And last but not least made a custom slide-out shelf and installed it under the sink for a small espresso machine. (1st World Problems).

Now, we are just waiting for MN to warm up so we can get back to camping in our backyard!!!

Comments