Leak at white connector

De-winterizing yesterday...flushing system I noticed the water pressure very low at sink with pump on. I looked to check valve settings and had 1/2 inch of water under driver's side seat. After sopping up water and letting everything dry out I tried again today. Water was gushing out of the white connector shown. What is its purpose? One way valve? Where do I get one to replace? Thanks for any advice!

Comments

  • ScottG
    ScottG Administrator Posts: 5,690
    That appears to be the CW feed to the Alde. While I once thought that device was a check valve (which looks very similar) I now believe it is just a fitting that steps the PEX tubing down from 1/2" (standard for most supply lines) to 3/8" (which is what is used for the Alde stubs).
    2015 T@B Max S (320)
    2015 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
  • charlesforce
    charlesforce Member Posts: 5
    Thanks Scott! I'll look for such a fitting.
  • ScottG
    ScottG Administrator Posts: 5,690
    I'm not 100% certain, but I think those are just push-on fittings (similar to Shark-Bite brand, only plastic). If the leak is occurring around one of the connections, you might be able to disassemble-inspect-reassemble and maybe get lucky!
    2015 T@B Max S (320)
    2015 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
  • charlesforce
    charlesforce Member Posts: 5
    Thanks...I will give it a shot!
  • charlesforce
    charlesforce Member Posts: 5
    I found this on Amazon:

    Malida Quick Push to Connector, Water Tube Fitting,1/4" Tube OD x 3/8" Tube OD Reducing Straight Union ,for RO Water Systems,Water Purifiers Tube Fittings.

    Looks just like it...Sharkbites was a good lead!! Thanks again Scott!
  • ScottG
    ScottG Administrator Posts: 5,690
    You are welcome! However I think you need to go from 1/2" to 3/8"--though I do suggest you confirm those sizes. nuCamp or Truma/Alde might be able to provide additional information or even a specific part number.
    2015 T@B Max S (320)
    2015 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
  • charlesforce
    charlesforce Member Posts: 5
    Thanks! I'll let you know how it comes out.