Options

Anyone buy a front platform?

We're looking to mount a front platform on our 2020 TAB400 Boondock.  We deleted it from our original build because our TV had a 400 pound max tongue weight.  Now we've changed TV, and have the capacity to install (and load up) one.
We were in the Phoenix area (for spring training) and inquired about one from Tom's Camperland, and they quoted $562 + shipping (if not loaded on their next TAB delivery).  Unfortunately the delivery was after we were going to leave.  So I asked Apache Camping Center in the Seattle area (where we usually live) to get us one instead.  No problem:  $730 + tax + shipping.  What gives here?  How can the prices be so different?  Does NuCamp give preferential pricing to some dealers, or is it that NuCamp doesn't hold dealers to a standard retail price?
Has anyone else bought a front platform, and what was your experience?  Better still, does anyone have one for sale?
Roger and Sue Hill | 2020 T@B400 Boondock (Cryst@bel) | 2022 Land Rover Defender 110 - P400 | San Juan Island, WA

Comments

• Options
    CrabTabCrabTab Member Posts: 457
    edited April 2022
    @rh5555 I think dealers have the option to charge what they think the market will bear. For example, we were looking at identical new T@BS this week from different dealers (about 400 miles apart). The larger volume dealer, that is closer to the factory, was asking $5,000 more for their unit.
    You can try contacting different dealers with the part number to see what price they come up with. I've read on the forum that others have had success with that tactic. 
    All Pro Adventures sells the platforms too. The price on the website is higher than the prices you were quoted. I can't remember if they include shipping in the price (it would probably make up the difference if they don't). 
    Happy Hunting!

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    @CrabTab All Pro actually doesn’t charge shipping over a certain purchase amount. I discovered that when I recently ordered a Walker Sunflexx.

@rh5555 Apache probably puts a hefty extra profit on their accessories because they can mostly get away with it as the only local dealer in a high cost of living region. Good to know Tom’s was so much cheaper, I was toying with having Apache order a few things, but I might wait until fall as I may head south for the winter this year. Meanwhile, in your shoes, I’d check with a few other dealers by phone, as CrabTab recommends. Missouri Teardrops is often recommended around here as a good source for nuCamp specific parts that need to be shipped anyway.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 586
    @rh5555 one year ago Apache in Portland ordered a platform without the generator tray for $460 for me. I had to wait several months until a shipment of trailers arrived with it. (I also ordered the new bigger sized aluminum middle tub and lithium compatible converter). With inflation, who knows how much the cost has gone up from nuCamp. Seabiscuit Designs now also sells platforms $600! https://seabiscuitmetaldesigns.com/product-category/nucamp-rv-accessories/  (I bought two side bins from them). Freight could be a eye-popping on a platform; I think the freight on the tubs were $50 each a year ago.

Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5