Options

Windows

hikerchickhikerchick Member Posts: 31
Do you leave your windows open while you are not camping? I’ve been leaving mine just on second latch for ventilation but I wondered about leaving them open it gets so hot inside. I wasn’t sure if the rain would come in 

Comments

• Options
    HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 612
    We leave ours in that position during storage.  It helps ventilate and water won't get in.
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA
  • Options
    Thanks I do too but wondered if I left them open a little more if the rain comes in?
  • Options
    HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 612
    I think a little more would still keep the rain out.  Beyond an inch or so at the bottom wind could blow rain into the lower opening.
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA
  • Options
    Da_BirdsDa_Birds Member Posts: 126
    We've kept our about 1/2 way open in steady rain already with no issues. However, there was no wind. If the rain is blowing that could change things dramatically depending on how hard the wind is blowing and the direction the wind is blowing.
    2021 T@B 320CSS Boondock - "Chirping Bird"
    2018 Chevy Colorado - "Dad's Truck"
  • Options
    kottumkottum Member Posts: 226
    We have found the best solution for ventilating the trailer, even when traveling down the road, is a vent cover such as one from Maxxair.  Rain has never come in.  I like the idea that the hot air will rise to the top and out the upper vent.

Doug

Douglas and Cheryl both Navy Retired
    2022 Tab 320s Boondock/2021 Honda Ridgeline BE
    Minnesota and Arizona
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @hikerchick, when I have my trailer in storage, I open the roof vent all the way (I have a Fantastic Fan rain cover) and leave the front and driver's side windows in the "open-locked" position (slightly open.)  I keep the passenger side window closed as a theft prevention measure, because a thief could potentially force the window open and reach in to unlock the door.  I also cover my trailer and it is under a roof, so rain really isn't an issue anyway.  However, leaving them open like that, whether camping or at my house (not my storage location), rain has never been an issue.

When camping and it is raining, I can leave any/all the windows open to pretty much any height without issue, unless it is stormy/windy outside, which could allow rain water to enter the trailer cabin.
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options