Options

Not a lot of pressure in the outside shower

Just tested my plumbing system on my new 2020 320s

There is good pressure in the kitchen faucet and the inside shower. But the outside shower has low pressure (whether using the pump or city connection).

I took of the cap with the many drizzle holes in it. still low pressure. No kinks in the hose looking from the inside or the outside.

What could cause this? Thanks for any suggestions.
2020 T@B 320s Boondock Lite. 2015 Kia Sorrento EX V6 AWD

Comments

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,591
    LOL, sorry can't help you
    I disconnected the outside shower . . . just wish I could have 'factory deleted it'
    its more trouble/problems than its worth for my style of camping
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,274
    Love the outside connection for both showers and doing dishes. We replaced the hose with one on a quick disconnect and a sprayer from Amazon. No pressure problems. I think the nuCamp stock sprayer has some kind of flow restriction.
    Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    Not sure about the new 320, but the TaB400 has a set of valves on the outside shower line.  If they are not all the way open, it could restrict the water flow.
    Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    qhumberdqhumberd Member Posts: 470
    If you have the stock outdoor sprayer (Fontana I think), then there is a restriction hole at the base of the sprayer. I used this thread and made it larger. It is better but still not great. It shows the restriction hole at the bottom of the  sprayer

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/105766#Comment_105766

2019  T@B400 Boondock Lite "Todd"

2016 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab
  • Options
    newcampnewcamp Member Posts: 63
    That's a helpful picture! I could imagine that restricting the flow a lot! I will unscrew and see if I can make that hole bigger. It could also be clogged at that very small hole. Thanks! 
  • Options
    MickerlyMickerly Member Posts: 346
    The picture from qhunberd is correct. The hole in the bottom of the sprayer is about .7mm. We opened ours up to 1/4 inch. It works fine now.

We chose 1/4 inch because there are several other holes inside the handle the water must pass through. Most are 1/4 inch. Bigger won't give you any more flow.

I highly recommend a hand drill rather than an electric unless you have really good control over the speed.

Have fun.
    2018 320CS-S
    "Just Enough"
  • Options
    newcampnewcamp Member Posts: 63
    Thanks for those pointers!