Options

T@B quality

The other forum I'm learning on has been disparaging the T@B for plastic that cracks and peels on the outside... and leaking at the seams. I suspect it may have to do with preferances....but have you all heard of these issues? ALl I've heard is that the quality is very good on the T@Bs.
2015 T@B Max S.  TV: 2015.5 Volvo XC70. 

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878

Elk, you need to check to see which T@B they're talking about.  Is it the older Dutchman T@B, manufactured prior to 2009, or is the current ones manufactured by Pleasant Valley under the Little Guy arm?  

I can guarantee you that if you take time to read on this forum, you will see that Little Guy does almost bend over backwards to make sure their customers have the best crafted product they can produce.  And, they do take care of problems they are contacted about.

As with any product, there are those who will complain, and those who do have legitimate complaints when something goes wrong.  The proper direction to get service to go to your dealer first, and if you are under warranty (one year from the first purchase) the problem will be resolved under warranty.  If you are out of warranty, you will need to decide how to proceed.  Little Guy does have many parts for the Dutchman T@B's, and they are willing to work with either T@B to fix anything that may come up. 

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    RadRad Member Posts: 516
    Things can and do go wrong with every rig.  Spend time on each forum and see what they write about their rigs, not what they write  about other rigs.

• Options
    ELKELK Member Posts: 213
    Rad said:
    Things can and do go wrong with every rig.  Spend time on each forum and see what they write about their rigs, not what they write  about other rigs.

Brilliant!!
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing your experience!  I went back and looked at the offending trailer (http://tabtrailer.blogspot.com/2012/03/repairing-delaminated-side-wall.html)  It was one of the first ones...

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    edited August 2015
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited July 2015
    I found quite a number of "quality control" problems with our Tab when it was new.

I initially contacted LG to let them know about the problems, and they were quick to respond.

The problem for me was that my dealer, who I can't say enough good about, and Little Guy as well, are each 6 or 7 hours away from me.

It was better for me to fix many of the problems myself, rather than make the 14hr drive.

Hopefully they've been able to correct the quality control problem that I saw.

If you don't feel you can fix things that come up, make sure your dealer isn't too far away for warranty work.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    sgttikisgttiki Member Posts: 92
    ELK said:
    The other forum I'm learning on has been disparaging the T@B for plastic that cracks and peels on the outside... and leaking at the seams. I suspect it may have to do with preferances....but have you all heard of these issues? ALl I've heard is that the quality is very good on the T@Bs.

ELK: Visit any service center for high end/luxury automobiles. They are always full with vehicles in need of warranty related repairs. Keep in mind, these automobile manufacturers, as well as automobile manufactures in general, have some of the best engineers/fabricators in the history of the world, yet, problems with their vehicles still occur.

I must admit, although the size/appearance of a T@B were very appealing, I was skeptical about "problems" I've heard about, that is, until I found this forum.

On this forum, you get straight up answers/information from awesome folks. Some are problem solvers, some are customizers/fabricators. Some share their T@B problems with the factory and other T@B owners/prospective owners, so as to allow for improvements with "next years model," or to keep others out of "T@B trouble." However, the overwhelming number of T@B owners give high praise for their T@B's. Don't take my word for it........regularly read this forum!

Final opinion: If the T@B's weren't a good product, the factory would not have backorders, or be expanding.

Good Luck! 

• Options
    Patti said:
    One reason so many people keep buying Little Guy products is because of how they stand behind their trailers. When you read on the forums or FB again and again and again that someone with a question or problem had it promptly addressed, and see all the happy results, you feel pretty good about the purchase.

Patti: I assume you meant, "Figuratively" they stand behind their trailers!
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    edited August 2015
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    vitovito Member Posts: 181
    I;ve owned my new T@b for just over a month now. I am very, very impressed with the high quality of the materials it is made from, and of the high quality workmanship in putting it together. We have taken it on only one camping trip so far, and have had ZERO issues with any aspect of the T@b. The Alde, the a/c, the stove, water system, refrigerator, ceiling fan, etc. have all worked perfectly. We have already had the T@b out during some absolutely horrendus rain storms, the kind that rips roofs off houses and knocks down mature trees, and have had not a drop of water inside the camper nor suffered any damage. So far, I could not be more pleased than I am about this T@b. 
    2016 T@b S Maxx
    2011 Subaru Outback
    Rockford, Illinois
  • Options
    RadRad Member Posts: 516
    I have never had a problem with something I purchased having some type of failure(within reason) as long as the dealer or manufacturer was responsive and took care of me.

I will say (knock on wood) that not a single thing has gone wrong with my rig.  I like that even more =)

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    edited July 2015
    Have only had a couple of minor issues (factory responded promptly) otherwise all systems have been a go from the get-go
  • Options

Little Guy stands behind their trailers.....LITERALLY?

Reminds me of young Lt. George S. Patton, when asked by his Commanding Officer, "Son what do you want to do in this man's army? Patton replied, "Sir, I want to drive  tanks!" His CO replied, "Well in that case Lieutenant, I won't stand in your way!"

Seriously, a word to the wise: Never stand behind a backing vehicle/trailer.

• Options
    Thanks all.

I have been seriously impaired by never having SEEN one in the "flesh". I want to poke around and get a feel....but the closest dealer tells me I have to put a deposit down on one coming in or it will fly off the lot in a matter of hours.  (... SO why don;t you order more I want to ask him...)

ANyone here in Portland/Vancouver have an "S"? 

OTOH, the dealer in Eugene (a bit under 2 hours away) seems to have several...so I need to take a ride down there.
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Elk - Yep, ya gotta see them live and in person. Spend some time climbing around in them in order to really appreciate them. I drove by a dealer many times thinking the T@B was just too small. Stopped in one day, spent an hour and ordered two weeks later.
  • Options
    JacobyOJacobyO Member Posts: 35
    We just bought our T@B Outback and had a water pump issue. Certainly not LGs fault as it was a pump manufacturer issue, but Ed at LG was amazing at helping us resolve the issue. We looked and saved for trailers for a couple of years before deciding on our T@B. The combo of size, amenities and overall build quality is what sealed the deal for us. Now that we had the unfortunate water pump issue I am even more sold on this company.
  • Options
    gilbutlergilbutler Member Posts: 169
    PXLated said:
    Elk - Yep, ya gotta see them live and in person. Spend some time climbing around in them in order to really appreciate them. I drove by a dealer many times thinking the T@B was just too small. Stopped in one day, spent an hour and ordered two weeks later.
    I agree.  One comment I often hear when a person comes into our T@B for the first time is: "Wow.  these are bigger than I expected."
    Gil Butler, Folsom, CA, 2015 T@B M@XX CS - White with Yellow tim
  • Options
    :)
  • Options
    bgualtieribgualtieri Member Posts: 272
    Yeah. They look teeny from the outside but actually are quite comfortable on the inside IF you are a smallish adult.
    2015 T@b S Max | 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited | was PHX East Valley, now Dallas!