Progressive EMS install: Timer delay AND display orientation

I am working on installing my Progressive EMS.

1) I have the unit wired, but there is a jumper that should be removed if the AC does not have a built in timer delay. Basically there is a jumper that sets for 15 seconds, but will delay to 136 seconds if the AC does not have a delay. I read the AIR8 manual, and I don't see anything about a delay, but I thought I would double check here before I remove the jumper.

2) I got the unit with the built in display. It appears that I can plug it in 4 different ways.  From the picture I can narrow it to two. Is it designed so that any orientation will work? If not, anyone know which way it goes?

The one thing I learned that I would share with others:
I thought I would disconnect the wires from the shore power outlet on the outside of the camper. When i undid all of the screws, I found that the connector was glued shut. Rather than rip it apart,  I ended up digging into the converter instead.

Subaru Wilderness/Tab320s 2022

Comments

• SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 410
    1) Our '19's AC is different from yours, so I have nothing to add.
    2) I installed the display to read opposite of the printed codes on the outside of the unit due to how I mounted it.  
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @Sprocket, I can't answer your first question as far as the Air8, but I can share the following information:

@BrianZ inquired of Progressive Industries (PI) regarding that for his Danby AC (in his 2018 T@B 320 S.)  He posted the response in the following discussion thread (see his July 2021 post):

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/13139/surge-protector-recommendation/p3  [NOTE:  there is quite a bit of info in that thread about the EMS, so you might want to review it as well.]

Earlier, in March of 2019, I spoke directly with a PI tech and he gave me a different response (re the Danby AC in my 2019 T@B 320 S.)  He told me that the 15 second delay is fine for "newer units."  Therefore, I did not remove the jumper.  I have not yet experienced a power failure with my T@B (my third trailer), but I relied on the tech's information in making that decision.

I don't see any down-side to removing the jumper (to set the 136 second delay), but I suppose your most-informed option will be to contact the AC manufacturer AND Progressive Industries.  You might share the above responses with a PI tech and see what they say now.

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    Just FYI, here's my install writeup..
    https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/13768/electrical-management-system-ems-installed

I ended up disconnecting the delay jumper by leaving it only on one pin, as previously discussed.
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • SprocketSprocket Member Posts: 46
    Thanks BrianZ. The ems is installed and working.  I pulled the jumper.  I will keep it in a baggie taped to the unit.  No way to test the AC for now. 
    Subaru Wilderness/Tab320s 2022