Options

Surge Protector Recommendation

13»

Comments

• Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 419
    @Tabulating I pulled the jumper on our 2019 CSS.  We have the window style A/C.

2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    edited July 2021
    @Tabulating, I thought there were only two sides to this coin, but it seems like you found another, or the edge of the coin.  I may need to reconsider using both of our surge protectors.

And then there's this:  The EMS-HW30C Operating Manual has a list of warnings that includes the following ..
    " It is important to always check the pedestal power outlet for charring; this condition means the AC receptacle is providing a weak connection. Should this condition exists, DO NOT USE as it could result in possible melting of the RV power plug."

-Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    TurnOnMyMike said:
    There's a jumper to determine if it waits 136 seconds or 15 seconds before restoring power. Does anyone know how to set this for the Tab AC and fridge compressors?
    Most suggest removing the jumper to get the 136 sec delay for the T@B A/C.  Yesterday, I wrote to Danby, the manufacturer of our window unit, and asked whether our model has any built-in timer delay circuitry in the event of a power outage, so we can know how to configure our EMS for either 15 or 136 seconds.
    I got the following reply..

So, it looks like removing the jumper to get the 136 second will give you the best chance if you want to switch the unit off for a while longer.  I tend to doubt that a few hours would really be necessary, but I don't know.  Wondering if anyone has heard something different.
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,282
    edited September 2022
    Bought a EMS-HW30C last summer, but never got around to installing it, so winter project it is. Doing prep work and noticed that the cable to the remote display is missing. Probably my fault, but raises the question, is it a standard phone extension? Jacks fit, but wanted to be sure it wasn't a heavier gauge or some funky wiring configuration.
    This thread and others have been a great help. Ran into a location problem because the AC tube pass through was right where I wanted to put the box. Luckily I had a 3" hole saw to relocate it. Looks like there's plenty of wire to make the connections without a jumper.
    Have to help wife with preparing for family coming over for Christmas, so won't get back to the project for a few days. Here's the start.
    before

after

edit 9/28/22:
    This thread popping up after nine months made me notice that I never added a finished picture. Here's a shot from just after the EMS install and another that shows how both the EMS and an inverter fit into the space.

Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    MadCityJackMadCityJack Member Posts: 106
    edited September 2022
    pak said:
    I have been using a Camco. This one was in the $100.00 range 30a and it identifies several electrical issues. Reverse polarity, hot neutral, open neutral etc. I plug it into the house power first to see if the wiring is correct then to the t@b. Most often wiring is correct, however did find an open neutral one time. I like the portable type rather than the built in for portability.
    I am using a similar device for measuring the quality of external electrical power. It is reporting open neutral and I am wondering if that is an issue. I’ve been using it for the last three days.  I checked another pedestal at an adjacent site, which was fine.   Came back and all was ok at my site.   Curious.  Wondering, operator error?
    2017 T@B 320 Q Max 
    2018 Toyota Highlander, XLE  
    Wisconsin