Options

AIR8 Dry Mode

I buried this in an older thread and should have made a new discussion.

The "dry mode" on our 2021 320S Boondock is a mystery. In dry mode, the unit only powers on with the thermostat set well below ambient temperature. Then cold air comes through the ducts seemingly the same as in AC mode. 

I have watched the NuCamp video on this and it makes no mention of a thermostat setting. I also inquired with technical support and they just said it may take awhile to start up. At a typical thermostat setting, it has never started. 

Does the thermostat have be lowered for dry mode work? Should the duct air be chilled in dry mode?

Comments

• Options
    Yoshi_TABYoshi_TAB Member Posts: 378
    Hi,  

Dry mode has always also confused me on the Air8.  Not much info out there on it.  I emailed Elwell and  got the following answer.. I'm pretty familiar with how ACs cool the air and not  sure it helps..

My Question:  What is the difference between the AC mode and dehumidification mode.  Does the compressor run in both cases?  Does the compressor run but not cool in dehumidification mode.

A: From my experience with the Air8, the dehumidification mode does not feel much different than the cooling/AC mode.

It will still blow cold air in the dehumidify mode, but it will be attempting to pull more moisture out of the air at the same time.

2021 TAB 320 BD
    2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Southern Maryland
  • Options
    burkeksburkeks Member Posts: 19
    Thanks for your response. One addition is I did confirm with Elwell that the thermostat must be set below the ambient interior temperature to operate. Oddly, I found dry mode shuts off well before reaching the set temp. Don't know why. I have relocated the temp sensor so it should be fairly accurate. 

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    We had mini splits in our former home.  We would cool the room first, then use dry mode.  I think the compressor ran less as it was not actively cooling.  We often used it overnight when temperatures dropped.  Very efficient.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio