Options

Props to Nucamp’s Warranty and Customer Service

manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,185
Some of you may have followed some of my many issues with our 2021 400 BD we purchased in May of 2021. From tiny things (like misaligned cabinets) to big things (like a nearly-severed brake cable) we had issue after issue with our unit. 

Early on during all of these problems I let Nucamp know that I couldn’t realistically return the trailer for all of these issues to my dealer that was 4 hours away. We have a local dealer but all of these issues could be taken care of myself much faster and with less hassle. 

Eventually it was agreed upon that Nucamp would compensate me at a fair hourly shop rate to make the necessary repairs. I kept track of my time and materials, submitted it to them and they mailed me a check along with numerous part and pieces that I needed to make the repairs. 

Not sure how common this is but I know for sure no other manufacturer would’ve done this. My guess is I was an exception just due to how much noise I made about all of these issues and the sheer number of them. 

So at the end of the day I would’ve much more preferred better QC but for them to step up and pay a customer fair shop rates to make my own repairs was remarkable.

Just wanted to give them props for this. 
2021 400 BD
2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 

Comments

• Options
    qhumberdqhumberd Member Posts: 470
    I concur with this from my interactions with NuCamp. I bought my 2019 used and they still helped me with problems. I feel that their leadership has its priorities right, and that creates a lot of loyal owners for the relatively small amount of money spent. It is the best use of any company's marketing and advertising dollars, but so many "modern" corporations just ignore that fact.

2019  T@B400 Boondock Lite "Todd"

2016 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 988
    I do too.  The only time I had to work with them was to fix my Victron smart shunt install.  I paid to have them install it at the factory.  Needless to say it was not done correctly at all.  With help from this forum I was able to figure out how to fix it.  After contacting NuCamp about it they were very apologetic and made it right with me.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 540
    When I registered my 2018 400 in July 2018, NuCamp welcomed me to the family and have treated me as family in every interaction I have had. I have had several issues which were gladly addressed under warranty and whenever questions came up they were timely answered. 
    I have been fortunate to have visited NuCamp a few times (tour, uCamp, service and parts) and everyone is committed to their product and to their customers. 
    Highly unusual these days to be treated as well as NuCamp treats their customers. 

2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    That has been our experience also DenisP, nüCamp has been great, and the post sale service has been excellent.  
    Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    edited May 2022
    I've owned three T@bs starting in 2015 and I have nothing but praise for NuCamp (its actually Pleasant Valley Trailers) I have had many great experiences over the years.... too many to list.