Options

Which Tab 400 model year

HI,

Looking to but a 400 Boondock.    2019-2021. Are any years better than others?   Is the Coolcat ac the one to look for?    

Is there a changeling posted somewhere showing the updates by year?

Thanks for any help. 

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    Here is a list of model year changes last updated a year ago.
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5021717/uploads/editor/g5/yuykgin6q5kg.pdf
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,003
    edited May 2022
    If you're interested in having a good AC unit get one with the Cool Cat and avoid the 2020 model year.  The only year they tried the Air8 in the 400.  We have a 2021 and love it.  And @Sharon_is_SAM thanks for that link.  I had not seen that before and downloaded it to add to my T@b folder!
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited May 2022
    Sharon, thanks also for the link, I have a few suggestions/corrections in your TaB400 build list, I sent you a PM.

Need to add 2022 Model changes including:
    New single piece Transcore composite flooring, replaces previous multi-layer sub floors, I think this is the single best change nüCamp has made to the TaBs.
    Solar standard on all models (not just the Boondock).
    WACO power converter/charger upgraded to a new unit, Lithium battery ready.
    The large 3-way fridge option replaced with larger 2-way fridge in same closet option location?
    Added locks back on the ouside access doors for the Nautilus and rear storage compartment.
    Changed Galley sink faucet to a larger folding faucet, which is a nice change.
    This is a grand job, well done, and not an easy undertaking, lots of details here.
    Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,003
    2022 also moved low point drains and fresh water tank drain to the frame behind the off door side near the Nautilus compartment.  Also a nice change IMO.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    RickyRicky Member Posts: 24
    I ordered 2022 Tab 400 Boondocker specifically for the new floor. I waited 8 months for my trailer but am definitely impressed. It’s also got the coolcat which I also wanted
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,185
    The consensus seems to be that the older pre-pandemic trailers were assembled better (workmanship) and given the issues I had, I think they're correct. But the older units do lack some big upgrades like the Alde Flow unit, Nautilus, etc. Each year has its pros/cons for sure. The biggest upgrade to me in 2022 is the composite floor.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited May 2022
    If I had the 2020 or 2021 TaB400 with the Air8 or plywood sandwich flooring, I would trade it in on a 2022, to get the new composite floor and/or get rid of the Air8.  That said, our TaB400:was a customized order (still being done in 2018 when ours was built) and had every detail we wanted, like no sink in the washroom, Hepvo drains instead of traps, Alde 3020 unit, and the then newer 193-Watt Sunflair Solar panel, w/ Victron BlueTab MPPT 15 solar controller.  

We added the Boondock pitched Axle and wheels/tires, and nüCamp replaced the floor in August 2020 due to the floor recall, and the Infinity Floor was reppaced with a new Infinity floor over the added Azdel panel, was done under nüCamp recall/warranty.  We like the original wardrobe locker in the 2018/2019 models.  Ours was built in Jan 2018.  We did replace the front tub and dinette table with the 2021 aluminum tub and lighter foam core table.  
    So instead of replacing, we are going to keep this one, and add Lithium battery and larger inverter upgrade down the road.
    The new 2022 TaB400 is very nice, and the new floor is tempting…
    Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 612
    2019 400s have a higher tongue load than later years.
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA