Options

Front window misalignement

Hello, on our last trip I noticed that the front window of our 2022 TAB320S appeared to be misaligned.
This prevents the driver side latches (bottom and side) to engage in either of the grooves designed to fully lock or lock in partially opened positions.

The passenger side latches both fully engage in either slots.

I did not notice that in our previous trips and I know I have used that window before so I suspect something has changed.
I did not see anything suspicious with the top hinge but I will need to take a closer look.

Has anyone had this happen? I have opened a support request with Nucamp as I am now concerned with travelling and damaging the window. Let alone potential water infiltration  while driving.

Many thanks!
2022 T@B 320S Boondock
2021 Toyota RAV4 TRD Off Road
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Instagram: new.t@bventure

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    edited May 2022
    No worries! This is normal and the window is easily shifted back into correct alignment. This happened to me on my 2019 400 and i panicked and the dealer called Nucamp and they said they are designed to move a bit. Just shift it back over into alignment. 

It's easier to move it from the outside. This is totally OK and normal. Do not worry. 
  • Options
    Maple_GeekMaple_Geek Member Posts: 205
    @TabbyShack thank you very much. I didn't realize that the window could be shifted left/right on the top hinge. I will try to slide it when I get a chance.
    2022 T@B 320S Boondock
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    Well to my disappointment it seems like my front window problem has gotten worse....without using the camper in the past week! Do these windows warp with temperature changes?

Now, not only do the driver side latches no longer catch but the bottom passenger side latch also no longer catch.

I tried to slide the window from side to side from the inside and the outside as per @TabbyShack suggestion but there is no significant give on the hinge so that didn't help at all.

Nucamp seems to know about this issue since they offered to send me shims which I have accepted. I hope it will help and I hope I do not lose the window while driving before then.

2022 T@B 320S Boondock
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    edited June 2022
    Sorry to hear my easy fix didn't work for your issue. I see from the pics the issue isn't so much side to side alignment but a vertical issue with the bracket not coming down far enough.  

Can you post a pic of the shims when you receive and then how you install them? I don't think I have this issue (yet) but others may.  I guess you will place under the screwed down base plate. Seems like a pretty easy fix.  Something else to do though so it's still a pain. 

So strange because these are the same windows and latches I had in my 2019 400 so this isn't a new product they are trying out....well the materials could be different I guess and still look the same.  
  • Options
    No need to be sorry @TabbyShack. I appreciated the idea.
    What puzzles me is that as far as I remember, the driver side latches were fine when I got my TAB and I only noticed this issue on our last trip. 

Furthermore, the passenger side latches were both engaging solidly when I posted last but today the bottom one doesn't anymore.
    2022 T@B 320S Boondock
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    That's bizarre! I will check mine in a bit and let you know. They were fine last weekend.  
  • Options
    Is there any chance maybe the side support "jacks" are not fully released and are still screwed with some tension enough to cause lift? 
  • Options
    Is there any chance maybe the side support "jacks" are not fully released and are still screwed with some tension enough to cause lift? 
    I can confirm that this is not the case. I made sure they were fully released during my tests.
    2022 T@B 320S Boondock
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 591
    edited June 2022
    Could it be change in weather? 
    Are the windows sitting snug against the trailer, same as when they are latched?
    Assuming the windows are snug against trailer, couldn't you loosen the two screws on the catch/lock and move it in or out so the locking latch fits snugly? Of course the key is for the window to be snug against the trailer so wind doesn't catch them and blow off.
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• Options
    Thanks for your input @dsfdogs.
    As I see it, moving the catches in or out would not change anything. I need them to be adjusted up and that's why Nucamp is sending me some shims. There is no up down adjustment possible on the catch or the latch so unless you add shims, it won't work.

It's possible weather has something to do with this. I've only picked up the TAB in April so it's difficult to confirm but the problem is getting worse regardless of what the weather seems to be like.

Yes, the window doesn't appear to be as flush on that side since it's not fully latched.
    2022 T@B 320S Boondock
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    Here are the shims that Nucamp sent me.
    Since I did not get them in time for my last trip, I bought nylon washers from Amazon to raise the catches and it worked well. In the process of installing the nylon washers, I did notice that there were some shims already in place on my camper.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08M8VTJ69/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2022 T@B 320S Boondock
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    Interesting!  Glad they at least have a simple remedy for the issue.  (Also my favorite battery in the pic too! That's all I buy)
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited June 2022
    Acrylic windows expand and contract with temp changes.  Our front window bottom latches just barely work sometimes in hot weather, but not during cooler weather which is the norm around here.  Thanks for the tip about the shims from nüCamp. 

The window side to side adjustment is just for the side latches, not the bottom ones.  Shims are your only way To adjust the latch height.  Make sure the fore to aft adjustment Is set to allow the window seal to make contact enough for a slight compression, but not too tight.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.