Options

Ordering Question: T@bitha vs Max S

I drove down to Eugene today to sit myself down in an actual T@B. I thought it was lovely!  Small...but certainly workable!

They are FLYING off the lots here in Oregon.  4 came in this week, 2 already sold.

Now I'm wondering about the price... The T@bitha would run about 28K.  MSRP is 25K...but does not include shipping and prep. Is that common?

If I configured my own MAX S and just asked for plain upholstery and no portal window MSRP would be closer to 21K.

IS the T@abitha more because it is "designer?"

Liz

2015 T@B Max S.  TV: 2015.5 Volvo XC70. 

Comments

• Options
    Machak88Machak88 Member Posts: 160
    Disclaimer: we have an S Maxx (not Tabitha), so we may not be fully qualified to judge. However, $28K that you were quoted sounds too steep - personally (as with any vehicle) would not go a dime over MSRP, all included. Depending on market conditions and mods, might even try to negotiate somewhat under MRSP, although tgat may be very hard to do in  'hot' market that you described. 
    2014 T@B S-Maxx with 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Turbo, Atlanta, GA. 
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    You have 2 factors at play. First, the T@bitha does cost more because it is a designer model. Second, it costs a lot more to ship T@bs to the west coast. Personally, I can't see paying that much. I guess it is all supply and demand.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Yep, sounds a little high to me also.
    My MaxS to MN (including Zamp and VisorXL) was in the $18k range.
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    I would love a Tabitha too - will never be able to talk the husband into paying that much more though. If there is that much of a difference I'll look into ordering a Max S with plain upholstery, paint the cabinet frames, and buy replacement doors from the home improvement store!

John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    R&DAndrewsR&DAndrews Member Posts: 116
    Sounds like supply and demand as well as they do charge more for the special models T@bitha, Outback, and Sofitel.  I would check the nearest dealers to you to see what is the best deal you can get.  We're in Pittsburgh pretty close to the factory and there are 5 dealers that we could go to within 4 hours drive and the prices do vary by several $1000.   We have located the dealer that we want to special order from, just have to decide exactly what we want and time it right. 
  • Options
    Deltaboy59Deltaboy59 Member Posts: 315
    Wow... I bought my Maxx S off the lot...2014 new in 2015, 16,250....  And at 28 g , I could have almost bought 2 t@bs. SHOP around, that 12 grand in savings would make a nice down payment on a new tow vehicle...
  • Options
    ELKELK Member Posts: 213
    I got a very good price on a Max S that is coming in in about 2 weeks. A person whose financing ultimately fell through ordered it at the March RV show... Was over 5k less than the other dealer was charging for the same model. 
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    One thing to consider is that we're 2/3rds thru the summer camping months - as we get closer to fall, most dealers are more willing to deal as they don't want 2015s sitting on the lot when they order their 2016 inventory. Best time to order/buy a camper is fall, not spring.
  • Options
    Makes good sense PXL
  • Options
    I got a good price on my Max S ... 2030.00  with air and TV/DVD/BT etc. in Portland.  Crazy to pay 28!!!!

lunafemme...did you go to Apache?