Options

iPad abduction

SprocketSprocket Member Posts: 46
Second camping trip in the tab. It was awesome. One minor issue. On the first night I was reading on my iPad before I went to sleep.  The next day I could not find it anywhere.  
After much searching I realized that when I put it towards the back of the camper it actually slid between the bottom cabinets and the curved  back of the tab.  It fell down in there and came to rest on the delicate but sharp radiating fins.  
After hours of trying I was able to fish it out by working a cord from above down in between the iPad screen and case cover.  
Thought I’d share so others might avoid the iPad eating aspect of the tab. 
Subaru Wilderness/Tab320s 2022

Comments

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @Sprocket enjoyed the almost humorous, but difficulty inducing explaination. There are other threads here describing the telephone consuming, digital camera eating and small object hiding occasional idiosyncrasies of our beloved and much appreciated t@bs. If it's any comfort, you're in the esteemed company of those who've come (and gone) before.

Well done. Keep on happy t@bbing!

2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Yoshi_TABYoshi_TAB Member Posts: 381
    We call that "lost in the TAB abyss"  :)

On a recent trip..we met someone who covered that gap with some wood with holes drilled so the heat could still path through.  If I remember what he said, I blieve it was a long piece of wood trim.  I also thought of using one of those perforated leaf guards...on my to do list.
    2021 TAB 320 BD
    2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Southern Maryland
  • Options
    CCCCCC Member Posts: 116
    First day I had mine I lost the radio remote somewhere in the bowels of the beast. Finally figured where best to look following the tilt of the T@B and it was hiding under the far bench.
    2022 T@B 320 S Boondock  "UGA", Jeep Gladiator Overland
    North Georgia
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,512
    This was just discussed at uCamp.  The tech suggested that if you have a cargo cubby, just unscrew the framing, slide out the cubby and retrieve the lost article.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio