Options

Warranty coverage for glycol flush and refill

CharlieRNCharlieRN Member Posts: 439
A few days ago, my T@B dealer sent an email that stated that NuCamp will be covering the flush of the fluid in the Alde and replacement with the new fluid type under warranty for some trailers. I assume that most of us with early 2021 T@B's got a similar email, but in case not, it looks like it's worth contacting your dealer. Here is the basic text of what I received:
". . . in mid summer of 2021, Nucamp informed us that they [needed] to switch over to a new glycol as the original glycol was causing corrosion in the pipes. Because of this issue, Nucamp is covering the cost for doing a Glycol flush om any T@B’s sold before July of 2021. According to our records, your camper falls into that category and a Alde Glycol flush is needed for us to add the new glycol.  Again, this is at no cost to you. . . .

If you live at a distance and have another dealer close by that you could arrange for them to do the work, it must be specified to them that this is covered under warranty because it was an early 2021 model before the glycol change happened. . .  Also make sure that they are using the new Rhomar Glycol (which is a green color, not yellow).

A big shout out to my dealer, Miller Trailer Sales in Perkasie, PA for being so pro-active and accommodating about this important issue.
2021 T@B 320 S Boondock / 2022 Telluride - Phillies/Eagles/Flyers Country

Comments

• Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 755
    Is that ONLY for 2021 trailers or for ANY trailer manufactured before they started using the Rhimar glycol?  would 2019 trailers be covered?
  • Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    And for those of us that already did it, is this reimbursable?

I read this as a warranty on all Alde equiped units that came with Century fluid, which is a ton of units.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,507
    I just contacted nuCamp.  
    Only 2021 models built before 1/4/21 have the Century Fluid and are eligible for warranty coverage for the Rhomar exchange.  TaBs built on or after 1/4/21 have the Rhomar glycol as part of the build.  Contact warranty@nucamprv.com to confirm.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Thanks for the info @Sharon_is_SAM

I already did my 2019, but good to know extent of warranty on this.
  • Options
    grassgdgrassgd Member Posts: 127
    I just contacted nuCamp.  
    Only 2021 models built before 1/4/21 have the Century Fluid and are eligible for warranty coverage for the Rhomar exchange.  TaBs built on or after 1/4/21 have the Rhomar glycol as part of the build.  Contact warranty@nucamprv.com to confirm.
    The text from nuCamp quoted above states "Nucamp is covering the cost for doing a Glycol flush om any T@B’s sold before July of 2021." but you say nuCamp is only covering 2021 models.  

Just for clarity, can you confirm nuCamp will not cover any units before model year 2021?
    2019 T@B 320S
  • Options
    Correct.  This only applies to the 2021 models.  Per the glycol service bulletin (https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/12826/alde-truma-changing-glycol-brand-in-new-models-not-a-recall/p1) it is a requirement by Truma/Alde for the 2021 units to be eligible for warranty.  Also note that CharlieRNs quote is from a dealer - not direct from nuCamp.  Charlie RN has a 2021, so this does apply.
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,009
    I have one of the 2021 trailers that appeared to be covered.  I reached out to nuCamp as I do not ever expect to hear from the dealer I bought it from.  Yes if you have a 2021 trailer that came with Century fluid in it they will reimburse you for the switch to Rhomar.  Since I did it myself I simply asked to be reimbursed for the cost of the materials and they are doing that for me.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    Sure would be into know if there was some change in materials on the 2021 and later units that makes them want to do this under warranty or if it is a CYA for warranty only? I had my Century swapped for Rhomar on my dime at the three year mark because it was due for a change regardless and decided it worth it to make the change. I guess only time will really tell if the new fluid is better long term.
  • Options
    I think Alde simply decided that, in light of the corrosion issues, the Rhomar offered better protection.  The way to insure that manufacturers used the Rhomar in new units was to make it a requirement for warranty coverage.  They wouldn’t extend that to older units that had the Century in place due to the risk of pre-existing corrosion.  The Alde 3020 is the same machine.
  • Options
    MarkAlMarkAl Member Posts: 459
    We took delivery of one of the 1st 2021 320S BDs post Covid shutdown in June 2020. 1st off we love it. We've been using it multiple times each month since then. We were sad we missed out on the new Rhomar glycol but at some point, we had to buy one of these awesome trailers. So while I was steeling myself to do the 2 yr refill and switch to the new Rhomar I heard about this and sure enough the factory is allowing us to upgrade to the new glycol under warranty! If they had offered it when the actual switch was made, we would have had a few extra months before the refill. By delaying the announcement for us early 2021 buyers, we get the new glycol but also the 1st refill covered by the warranty. THANK YOU NuCamp! The cost to them is the same but the owners get the benefit. Now that's thinking of the customers.  For those thinking of upgrading, the fact that NuCamp is doing this under warranty even if just keeping up with Airstream indicates this is expected to be an improvement.  AND I still appreciate it.
    Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
    Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
    Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
    managed by VE Smart Network