Options

Depending on the summer's trips, might swap out our 3-way fridge

To the experienced owners, how much of a challenge would it be to swap out our Norcold 3-way, ideally for one of the newer, compressor-based, 2-way fridges?  Right now our 2022 T@B 400 Boondock is bone-stock with a 3-way, reading some of the hassles people have had with the 3-ways, I'm looking to the future.

And, further, does anyone have the brand and model of the newer 2-ways, so I could look them up and do some pre-planning and estimating and pricing?
----------------------------------------------------------
Jay and Kat
Tow vehicle:  2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S + tow package
Camper:  2022 T@B 400 Boondock w/Norcold 3-way fridge

Comments

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,596
    From searching different 400 threads I've generated this list of 'reported' on Forum makes and models.

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    Jay_and_KatJay_and_Kat Member Posts: 216
    Gotta remember to take along a tape measure next time I go by the camper and get the size of the fridge.   :)

Which should be tomorrow afternoon as we also want to get the size of the space where the 2-way fridge normally goes to get some tupperware totes to fit in and use as clothing storage for our trip this weekend.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Jay and Kat
    Tow vehicle:  2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S + tow package
    Camper:  2022 T@B 400 Boondock w/Norcold 3-way fridge
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited June 2022
    Jay, the large two-way fridge option (Isotherm CR130EL) should fit in the same place as the former 3-way fridge.  You will need to block off the outside vents used by the 3-way fridge.  You will also need to cap off the gas line that went to the 3-way.  Another member of this forum has done this change also.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    I have a 2017 320S and I actually love my three way fridge. Once I figured out the propane quirks I had no problems. I’ve had a few occasions where I needed to unplug from shore power and switch to propane and was grateful I could. As far as size, yes it’s small but for me it is very doable! I always come home with extra food so if there are two of us the size still isn’t an issue. In my sixth season now, I’m grateful for the propane setting! Good luck with your decision! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    The smaller 3-way fridges used in the 320s seem to work better than the large optional 3-way in the YaB400, that Jan and Kat are thinking of swapping for thr new large 2-way compressor fridge.  The larger optional 3-way fridge seems was just not performing well, especially in hot weather.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.